Thread: carbie adjustment 2 stroke yamaha 115

carbie adjustment 2 stroke yamaha 115

Does anyone know the exact turns from fully turned in. I played with one screw and forgot the settings.

Re: carbie adjustment 2 stroke yamaha 115

I guess one and a half out from seated should be OK as a starting point, you will need a genuine manual for the exact setting, why did you move it?

why not wind in another 1 counting the turns??

Quote Originally Posted by rysa View Post
    why not wind in another 1 counting the turns??
    Done that meself a few times! But it's either 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 turns out anyway.

cheers.
    A marriage licence should be like your fishing licence!
    Expires every year and you get a 3 day pass when you go interstate.

Do you have this sorted Tim - or do you want me to look up the manual?
    Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

makes little difference really, the motor will still run with the adjustment set almost anywhere, it is adjusted fully later.

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Do you have this sorted Tim - or do you want me to look up the manual?
    Cheers

Scott.

If you can look up the manual that would be great. I'm still at work so no work till this arvo

tim

1.5 turns out

I dont know if this helps mate but the manual says for the 2 stroke 115 "Pilot screw turns out - 5/8th turn" and float level is "16.0 plus or minus .5mm"

Cheers

I dont know if this helps mate but the manual says for the 2 stroke 115 "Pilot screw turns out - 5/8th turn" and float level is "16.0 plus or minus .5mm"

Cheers
    Thanks scott.

Sorry. It's actually the air adjust screw on the carbies' ( there are 4 of them)

Mate its confusing in the manual. Under tune up it refers to a possible need to adjust the air mixture screw if changing to a different type of petrol. Under Timing, Synch' and Adjustment chapter it refers to 4 pilot screws (which are sprung plat blade type screws) that require seating lightly then backing out 5/8th of a turn and then separately the idle speed screw and sets the adjustment for it. I cant see any other screws indicated. Nor can i find anything about a air mixture screw in the Carb chapter or index...I call it the same as you call it "mixture screw" but they might be calling it "pilot screw". I will have a look at mine and then refer back to the manual tonight.

Cheers

Mate its confusing in the manual. Under tune up it refers to a possible need to adjust the air mixture screw if changing to a different type of petrol. Under Timing, Synch' and Adjustment chapter it refers to 4 pilot screws (which are sprung plat blade type screws) that require seating lightly then backing out 5/8th of a turn and then separately the idle speed screw and sets the adjustment for it. I cant see any other screws indicated. Nor can i find anything about a air mixture screw in the Carb chapter or index...I call it the same as you call it "mixture screw" but they might be calling it "pilot screw". I will have a look at mine and then refer back to the manual tonight.

Cheers
    Yeah, i think we are talking about the same screw. It has a spring under it and there are 4 of them.

so 5/8, but some are saying 1 and 1/2 turns.

did you end up finding out how many turns Tim I've got mine apart now and putting it back together

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app