Thread: Pakula Dojo Peche

Pakula Dojo Peche

Has anyone tried them out?

is there a good trolling speed for them?

what about position in the trolling patter?

Regards
    HOnda.

Re: Pakula Dojo Peche

tow them the same as a skirt
    I am not an Angler I am an Athlete of the sea.............<><

Hey Honda900.

The Pakula website has heaps of videos on how to run their lures, and different setups and specs.
    Worth a watch just for learnings sake I reckon.

Also, Peter Pakula is very involved with the business, as he replied to all my emails promptly.

Haven't used any of them yet so can't give an opinion on them, but hoping to before long.

Murdoch

they work.............
    I am not an Angler I am an Athlete of the sea.............<><

Yeah watched the videos, but want to know the real story. it appears they are obiously not that popular tho..

Regards
    Honda.

Picked a few up in a bargain bin and gave them a run, not as easy to use as a normal skirted model, id liken it more to running a trolled bait, few issues with the crimp pulling inside the lure and bad action after, plus i like 2 hooks in my lure and there isnt that option..

The Dojo Hybrids have not done well in Australia. They were the first lures brought out when I bought the business back and that in itself ruffled the feathers of the competition who took every opportunity to bag them and they succeeded to some extent.

However lures that work as well at 4.5 knots that catch as many and probably more fish than skirted lures has a place when fuel prices are as high as they are and likely to increase, so they will remain available as I, the distributors, and stores have faith in their future.

The lures come pre-rigged, but you should never trust a pre made rig from any manufacturer so re-rig it, or at least check the rig by putting the hooks in a cleat and giving the leader a good tug. You'll find there is a failure rate with all rigs (and everything else), even the ones you make yourself.

the main info is here:

Also when you are re-rigging use hooks one size up. The hooks the lures come with are Dojo Lights, if you aren't an experienced smooth angler re-rig using Dojo Strong 'X' Hooks..

The main benefit of Hybrids is they work at slow speeds ie the same speed Bibbed lures work best at, around 5 Knots, and will work even slower as will the Skooners. As fuel prices increase these lures will become more viable as you want to save spending $'s on fuel.

http://www.pakula.com.au/index.php?option=com_igallery&view=igcategory&id=1 0&Itemid=472

The Hybrids have a fully keeled system that will give you a better hook rate than any twin standard twin hook rig, so there's no need to have a second hook in hybrids.

Not sure if any of you are keeping up with the keeled hook rigs that I've been talking about in talks and on some of my vids (you tube), but comments like this are now appearing:

I have been trolling lures for the last two seasons, lots of strikes and not a single fish to the boat. Late last year I attended a seminar put on by Peter Pakula and decided the theory around the keeled rigs seemed to make sense and needed to be tried.

So after a few phone calls I managed to get the correct shaped sinkers from Decoro in Mt Maunganui. A quick hacksaw job and off to Whangaroa to trial them.

Our first trip for the season and we had a double hook up and got both fish to the boat which were then released. Both fish firmly hooked in the top of the jaw. A very happy crew, maybe these keeled hooks do actually work.

Two weeks later we had our second shot and headed across the Manukau Bar, we had one strike and again firmly hooked a stripey in the top of the jaw. This one we kept for the smoker.

So now after two trips we have had three strikes, three solid hookups in the top of the jaw and 3 fish to the boat. After the previous two seasons we couldn't believe the change of fortune. We are beginning to really like these little sinkers fixed the the hook with a rubber band.

On Saturday 9th April we again decided on a trip out across the Manukau for our 3rd trip of the season. In very marginal conditions for a 5.5m Stabi we were trolling the lures for 1 hour and ten minutes when we had our 4th strike. Again a solid hookup and after 35 minutes we had the marlin in the boat. This one went 197kg and is the heaviest striped marlin caught in NZ this year.

So after 3 trips we have had four marlin from 4 strikes and all hooked in the top of the jaw. Considering the previous two seasons we had 20 strikes for no fish.
    Link to full thread: http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums...opic64957.html

Link To Keel Rig Vid:

The Hybrids have the keel incorporated into the body and offer you similar success as far as hook-up rates go.

Link to article: http://pakula.com.au/index.php?optio...313&Itemid=459