Thread: Short visit to Monster Murray Cod Retreat

Short visit to Monster Murray Cod Retreat

Headed off last weekend to Monster Murray Cod Retreat near Emmaville NSW with another serial Ausfisher (who's identity is withheld for reasons of national secutity). I think he took pity on me as I've never caught a Murray Cod before. Well after 20 mins of fishing (and while my mystery guide was still preparing himself for a days fishing) I managed to cross that species off my bucket list as I landed a 66cm pup. Even better when I landed a 84cm cod 30 mins later. Unfortunately that was it for the weekend though I did loose another good cod later. The fish were both caught on a purple TT Tornado spinnerbait. Can't wait to get back there, great place, great fish, great company and great wine. Pics attached

Re: Short visit to Monster Murray Cod Retreat

Well done Mike!!.Those fish are in good nic..

Scott

Good to see that joint is still going, I looked in to them a few years ago as a holiday option, but it fell through at the time. Looked like it had potential.

Thanks Mike, nice fish. It is a nice spot & there are some huge cod in there as well. I only caught a couple on my trip with the biggest going 770mm but we saw some monsters swimming around in the clear water.

Cheers Andrew

Nice fish there mate...I only live about an hour from there & have never tried it...Might have to....

Cheers Baz

Nice fish there mate...I only live about an hour from there & have never tried it...Might have to....

Cheers Baz

(don't know what happened there,,,double post!!!!)

Now thats a cod!!!and there are some there, bugger, i still have to cross a MC off my bucket list.. maybe in a few weeks..

I am sure you enjoyed the spot and company Mike..
    Tangles KFC