Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tackle and Tinny show specials

Tackle and Tinny show specials

Hi all,

I did a bit of shopping for gear today up Caboolture way at All Round Angler during my lunch, mainly chasing braid to respool a few reels that the braid is getting a bit tired. As you do I ended up buying way more than originally planned, and ended up with quite a few 300 yard spools of varying strengths for different rods. When I went to pay the guy behind the counter informed me that they would be having special deals at the T&T show and with the amount I was buying I would save quite a bit of dough if I held out for a bit and bought it at the show (hopefully his boss wont read this!!). I ended up buying what was needed for immediate use and put the rest back as I will be going to the show so figured I may as well get it cheaper there. He also mentioned they would have really good deals on SP outfits and gear at the show, and while that doesnt interest me I am sure it would excite a few on here.

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up if you are in the market for some gear, I have no connection to the store other than I much prefer to support small local tacklo's to against the Boys that Can't Fish empire. (BCF).

Cheers.

Re: Tackle and Tinny show specials

Yeah a little birdy told me that the braid will go quick it will be that cheap.

Toddy

I have been given the heads up that they will be having some pretty good deals happening on the braid and a variety of quality rods and reels. I will be dropping by to see whats on offer. It sounds better than the usual offerings from the big boys
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

what brand of braid is going to be on special?

neil

All sorts but Rovex in particular.

yeah they had alot of rovex cheap last year. i bought a few ultra light fluorocarbon spools. they had everything squidgy, cheap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneC View Post
    Hi all,

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up if you are in the market for some gear, I have no connection to the store other than I much prefer to support small local tacklo's to against the Boys that Can't Fish empire. (BCF).

Cheers.
    I hope you buy all your groceries and home goods from your local stores too, not Coles, Woolies, Kmart etc, or are you being hypocritical

Your headsup was good Shane but the BCF dig is uncalled for, BCF put a lot back ito local fishing in Club/ tournament sponsorship as well as the Qld SES.
    I support my local like you do but others still have there place .

Latest:
    The NRMA Insurance Storm Readiness and Response Survey* found that more than one in five Queensland households in storm-prone areas did not have an emergency kit prepared, and more than half did not have the QLD SES flood storm emergency number – 132 500 – on hand.
    In response to these statistics the State Emergency Service has launched an initiative with community sponsorship partner and leading outdoor retailer BCF– Boating, Camping and Fishing to create an emergency kit checklist that will assist Queenslanders in preparing a kit that could potentially save lives
    Limit your Catch - Don't Catch your Limit

hope they have some good deals on outboards too

Thanks for the heads up mate. Ignore any comments from gooses who are more interested in highjacking a thread than taking it for it was meant for. Must have too much time on their hands.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Billy C View Post
    Thanks for the heads up mate. Ignore any comments from gooses who are more interested in highjacking a thread than taking it for it was meant for. Must have too much time on their hands.

Cheers
    Shits me to tears.It seems it doesn't matter what subject your talking about there are always a few that want come straight out of left field, off task and off subject and throw in comments that have nothing to do with the original thread or offer no useful input into the subject at hand.Its like the old saying about people talking for the sake of hearing their own voice.It would be a real shame if people like Shane stopped posting useful information like he did for the sake of a few silly comments.

the Tackle shop at Carseldine has also got the Rovex braid on special. Buy one and get one free also the Fin-nor offshore rod/reel combo for $199.00.

Went in today and gave them a hand to set up everything in the all rounder stand ( next to the super tank) and there are gunna be some genuine specials through the whole store, TT switchblades all sizes up to 1.5ounce $10
    Z-MAN cyberflex plastics starting at $7, rovex braid starting at $18 for 150yds up to $35 for 300yds all sizes to 50lb.
    too many Quality offshore soft plastic rods/reels to mention at near cost as well as heaps of other good stuff.
    I will be there Fri/Sat on the Quantum/Fin nor counter , say gidday ausfishers and i'll look after you how ever i can
    Cheers Swano.

Swano, I will try and catch up with you there as I am very keen to check out their range. The Fin Nor stuff is pretty impressive from what I've seen so far and I will be checking out their 100lb Jig rod to see if it suits my Offshore 75 that needs a rod to match it. Look out Reds at Stanage
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

i know its off topic slightly...but in reply to things mentioned about BCF on this thread about supporting locals. I and other members of our club, have approached them on numerous occasions re sponsoring or supporting our club for tournaments (open, ladies, kids) and on each occassion basically been told to Fu#k off as they dont sponsor clubs or tournaments. I guess they are getting too big for their britches.

Ill be heading up on Sunday, mainly hangin out with the cruisecraft guys. $35 for 300yd Rovex braid is something that caught my eye lol hopefully by sundy morn there will still be some left.

After lookin over the timetable im looking forward to a few of the talks though.

Ben.