Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

So, the recent long awaited news of Campbell Newmans announcement to run for a State seat and premier has really stirred the political pot in QLD.

What do you think would change for rec fishos with a Cambell Newman led Government?

Will any current legistlation be repealed ?

Would the LNP be less vunerable to the green pressure on our great pastime?

John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

He should start a department of scentific integrity in legislation (DSIL), tasked with the job of identifying only quality science if to be used in political justification, will initially be looking at the last 10 years of punitive environmental legislation passed into law. All present but fouled laws will be repealed or wound back to a level real science supports.

This department alone will be self funding through results and will save the state hundreds of billions of dollars over the next 10 years, this department will also make the state the recreational, quality of life and productivity powerhouse of the entire country and all without any negative impact on the environment.

Nothing we will still be screwed
    .They still have to get money from somewhere.
    Cheers
    Ray

I suspect the following:

We'll be allowed one line one hook in Green Zones while research is carried out.

A few million will be earmarked for that research.

It's the old LNP Policy, and I'd be betting it won't change. I also want to see all other rulings regarding State Parks and Wild Rivers reviewed, as well as a review of the use of State Agencies and Equipment in the enforcement of Federal Parks and Marine Parks.

I don't think it is necessary to create a department or anything like it, FNQ. Leadership is what it takes: a Cultural change comes from the top, and that is what is needed. If people are thinking and acting the right way, you don't need a department. Save a bloody fortune, too! CN is a Leader.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

dunno..the LNP State Policies on their web site has bugger all on it. Until they have policies for people to read then I doubt they will go very far.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    dunno..the LNP State Policies on their web site has bugger all on it. Until they have policies for people to read then I doubt they will go very far.
    Given CN has stated that all LNP Policy is null and void until he has his hand upon it, I'd say is pretty obvious why there's nothing there now. Of course there are those who would expect it all to be sorted in seven minutes, but hey, some people have trouble managing expectations, huh?

Cheers,

tim

so Campbell is now the LNP? A one man band? He has the say on all policies?
    I would say that that is not very democratic to all the rank and file members of the LNP..more like a dictatorial attitude from CN. Is that where we are headed?
    I always thought the Party was bigger than any individual.

The more I see and hear of this I more I think CN is a Joh reincarnation...dare we go back down that path ?

I would expect Party Policies to remain reasonably unchanged as they are what a Party is baed on.

The more you look at Politics these days the divide between LNP and ALP is so small it is hardly noticable any more.

SFA unfortunately.

We would get new lies?

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post

SFA unfortunately.
    now now you don't actually believe that do you? I suspect that might be the reason you said it...wishful thinking...maintain the rage they deserve it.

At lest i have been living in fools paradise lately imagining an upcoming end to zealotry, minority over-lording and low character governance.

Don't ruin this buzz of potential upcoming basic freedom I didn't know 20 years ago would desert me WAY before the day I died.

I cannot subscribe to the idea that a new Leader of the LNP (or any Party) does not have the right to pull down all specific policy and start again. Indeed to argue that he doesn't is similar to demanding that they have to stay the way they were, even though no one was happy with that.

Loving the way some folks demonstrate their colours. Negativity. Fear. White anting.

If more people pushed and demanded a positive message, imagine what could be achieved? But as usual we have the same drab comments, the same obfuscation.

How about being honest? Finga's honest, he hates politicians. Most others find every way of loving Anna by hating anything but her and her bedtime deal with the Greens, all the while whingeing about her. If you can't vote for anything but Labor, just bloody say it.

Tim

Talking Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

A tunnel from Wynnum to Tangalooma.....cars with boat-trailers FREE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    I cannot subscribe to the idea that a new Leader of the LNP (or any Party) does not have the right to pull down all specific policy and start again. Indeed to argue that he doesn't is similar to demanding that they have to stay the way they were, even though no one was happy with that.

Loving the way some folks demonstrate their colours. Negativity. Fear. White anting.

If more people pushed and demanded a positive message, imagine what could be achieved? But as usual we have the same drab comments, the same obfuscation.

How about being honest? Finga's honest, he hates politicians. Most others find every way of loving Anna by hating anything but her and her bedtime deal with the Greens, all the while whingeing about her. If you can't vote for anything but Labor, just bloody say it.

Tim
    Amazing Tim..cos some of us don't have our shoes poking out of an LNP members butt we are being negative and in fear and white anting? Get real. I trust no politician of any ilk. Jump into bed with them at your own peril. If that demonstrates my colours then so be it.

CN is no different to any other.

I hold no allegiance to any political party and never will..I vote for my local candidates..but i want to know the policies prior to an election or else i won't be giving the no 1 to them.

So CN has ripped down all the policies..no one knows what the new ones will be but the blind just follow along like lemmings and put all trust in CN...might pay to take the blinkers off occassionally.

Surely you would basically expect an LnP gov. to be a bit more deaf to the chanting of the greens and other extreme groups??
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

So CN has scrapped all policies which are now null and void and we will be let in on them when he gets in...including fishing.

CN has started his campaign by arguing his green credentials, apparently when he gets in govt he will have very clear policies about how he will protect the environment, now thats clear? suppose we will have to wait.

being impatient, if you do a simple google search of CN and 'green' you will find CN personally and as Mayor setting out his green credentials... ie as having his household entirely powered by green electricity...and apparently his family is carbon neutral since 2007 ( see http://www.greencrossaustralia.org/l...ll-newman.aspx)

CN also purchases carbon offsets for his personal vehicles and gas and air travel, wonder what he thinks of 2 strokes? lol I wonder if Anna Bligh is as green at home?

love how all the BCC policies are now wrapped up in green mythology.. now someone has to sign all that off ?

notably of all the madness of wrapping yourself as having green credentials is you have the CN Green Train (actually its the Airtrain) but apparently it has considerable transport greenhouse gas savings (apparently that has saved us from 23.7 million kilograms of greenhouse gas in 5 years and removed 114 mill klms of vehicle road miles) and now the train is painted green, now that makes sense, its a green train.. search Airtrain.

I want to know how do they come up with this crap and who pays the people to put meaningless numbers through machines using coal fired electricity to tell us we are now 23.7 million kilos of greenhouse gases better off due to a green painted train to the airport. Its those dammed chimps again.

Wow, the Brisbane City Council’s bus fleet has been awarded the Australian Lung Foundation’s inaugural Green Leaf Award in 2010. As CN said “This is in addition to the purchase of carbon offsets for our fleet of over 1070 buses and 15 City Cats.” Bugger, the buses have diesels which is now cleaner than natural gas, but its the wrapping up of this crap in green achievements to sell credentials/messages of CN to us suckers, chimps wouldnt do that? i can now look at every bus and smile knowing they are doing saving the environment while i drive my 4wd diesel.

So point is, while the chimps are hard at work, is CN just posturing about personally buying carbon credits for his cars, extolling the virtues of a train painted green, how clean his diesel buses are?... serious? ill buy that lol.... getting out in the press talking about his green credentials, or does he believe it really? well he clearly he lives it at home, he is carbon neutral at home and in travel....

apparently CN is a keen fisho and campo we are told,, but totally carbon neutral green at home and with cars, trains and planes and has saved us with the green train etc ,, now what about boats...fishing?... green zones.. oops that word again.. Green + CN =????

Can Do has for me portrayed himself as more green than almost any LNP and ALP pollie out there including Botox, he states it as his track record as she does, both arent shy telling anyone with cheap political media stunts how green they are... leadership in spades.

cant see how CN will be a messiah for the fishing vote, on his past history he comes across as a green chameleon/champion just like the ALP. If he came out with a policy on fishing and green zones before the election, well? will that happen? or is it a suck it and hope? not a great start, its the trust me line again and again,, where have i heard that before?

Pure green mythology and CN is in as deep with the best or worst of them....
    Tangles KFC