Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing just what the "Messiah" will do for the Rec fishoe ......... I can only imagine how important it would be for him - afterall wasn't the previous messiah a fisherman too........

This is starting to remind me of a Monty Python movie - "He's not the messiah! " - "Oh yes he is! ... I should know because I've followed a few"

Chris
    I dont think of CM as a Messiah maybe some do, but he is the first seriously gifted and proven leader to emerge on the conservative side of politics in QLD for a long whack of time. Its only been the absence of such a leader that has allowed Labor to be in Gov so long in QLD.
    We now have 2 coalitions in Australia. Liberal/National, and Labor/ Green whether we like it or not.
    This has finally given QLDers a chance for a change from all the current policies of Labor.

I dont think he will turn the world upside down for rec fisho, but hopefully a party and a leader that is not in bed with the greens and the extreme enviorosClimate change global warming morons whos are drugging Labor unto their political death.

John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    I dont think of CM as a Messiah maybe some do, but he is the first seriously gifted and proven leader to emerge on the conservative side of politics in QLD for a long whack of time. Its only been the absence of such a leader that has allowed Labor to be in Gov so long in QLD.
    We now have 2 coalitions in Australia. Liberal/National, and Labor/ Green whether we like it or not.
    This has finally given QLDers a chance for a change from all the current policies of Labor.

I dont think he will turn the world upside down for rec fisho, but hopefully a party and a leader that is not in bed with the greens and the extreme enviorosClimate change global warming morons whos are drugging Labor unto their political death.

John
    There are many here that do - just read what the followers have written in this thread ...... it looks like a lot of people are hanging their hat on CM improving the lot for the Rec fishoe I'll be curiously waiting.......

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Freshwater Tragic View Post
    You may well be correct in what you are stating . I would just be interested in the altertnative policies that you are so sure Mr Newman will bring to the table.
    Shawn
    Heres the main and most important policy Get that stupid wench Bligh out of Power!

There are many here that do - just read what the followers have written in this thread ...... it looks like a lot of people are hanging their hat on CM improving the lot for the Rec fishoe I'll be curiously waiting.......

Chris
    Aren't we all? I am hanging my hat on CM defeating Bligh......the rest I will judge on his performance. I will have no problem howling him down in 4 years if he fails to produce.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Better send off your 5 bucks quick Chris..looks like he needs it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/a...-1226032599000

Greg I would happily pay it. Any Idea of the details to pay?

I find it repulsive that an incumbent government can pull such a disgusting manoeuvre. If you wanted to bring this legislation in from opposition fine, but to have had your shot, after getting in power without restriction of these laws then to govern for over a decade with all the media attention that comes with retaining power only to try to squeeze the funds from an opposition that is trying to oust you is deplorable.

Never again will even consider voting for anyone that has anything to do with this Labor government.

reading the comments on the article there really are some idiots posting that didn't even read the article it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post

I find it repulsive that an incumbent government can pull such a disgusting manoeuvre. If you wanted to bring this legislation in from opposition fine, but to have had your shot, after getting in power without restriction of these laws then to govern for over a decade with all the media attention that comes with retaining power only to try to squeeze the funds from an opposition that is trying to oust you is deplorable.

Never again will even consider voting for anyone that has anything to do with this Labor government.
    LOL Chris..I doubt they need the money..it is a ploy to get coverage of one item and obviously working.

Heres the main and most important policy Get that stupid wench Bligh out of Power!

Aren't we all? I am hanging my hat on CM defeating Bligh......the rest I will judge on his performance. I will have no problem howling him down in 4 years if he fails to produce.
    Just like NSW ...... Qld labour will get a thumping at the next election regardless of who is leading the LNP - sub standard performance & TIME is against them.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Just like NSW ...... Qld labour will get a thumping at the next election regardless of who is leading the LNP - sub standard performance & TIME is against them.

Chris
    BS ! With JPL it would be a left jab with CN it's a right hand bomb !

Or you could save your $5, which would only go towards annoying the piss out of everyone with tv ads in the election lead up or on glossy pamphlets that fill up your letter box and recycling bin, and simply vote for them.

Just a suggestion.

Chris
    See Chris I just dont agree that Labor will loose regardless. They will loose because now there will be a viable alternative with a true leader. I believe labor would still win without a viable opposition.

Leadership is just so important for people .

John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Timmyboy , will CN match no RFL never-ever , with ALP..probably not status.

Do you know if 1 rod ,1 hook in green zones will happen , can this be extended to the Green-biased NFZ's

"when i wish upon a star , makes no difference who you are"
    Oldie but a Goodie

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Timmyboy , will CN match no RFL never-ever , with ALP..probably not status.

Do you know if 1 rod ,1 hook in green zones will happen , can this be extended to the Green-biased NFZ's

"when i wish upon a star , makes no difference who you are"
    Oldie but a Goodie
    I don't know. I believe the LNP will never entertain an RFL, but I, like everyone else, will have to wait for Policy. Mark R certainly played a role in getting Anna to back off on the Snapper Tax, so it would seem odd if an RFL were ever to enter LNP thinking.

Apart from the potential Legal issue regarding 1 hook 1 line (which I'll be exploring during the week to ascertain it's veracity) this will be LNP policy, pretty sure.

Regarding Federal Parks, it's a separate issue. I have stated to Mark that I think the State should have no part in Policing such Parks if the State doesn't support them, but that could be an interesting policy area, for sure - one I cannot pretend to understand in all of it's nuances.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Lightbulb Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Thanks Mate ,most sense you've made this year
    I do like Mark R's "generally" sincere posts , Fisheries Minister for him
    [not in my electorate , but goodluck to him in the future]

p.s. TimiBoy , IF "one of your" employees , used your monies/resources to promote themselves in another job , would you applaud or fire them , or let them resign unscathed

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    I don't know. I believe the LNP will never entertain an RFL, but I, like everyone else, will have to wait for Policy. Mark R certainly played a role in getting Anna to back off on the Snapper Tax, so it would seem odd if an RFL were ever to enter LNP thinking.

Cheers,

Tim
    Tim, why would you believe that LNP would never entertain a RFL? Entertain? thats a pretty broad word. It's like saying they wont "entertain" a single Green-zone in QLD. That would be a policy I think very very few fishers out there would see as intelligent policy...............