Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    . All Policy has been declared null and void. Why? Well, here's the process - and I know this is the process, for obvious reasons:

CN is looking at all policy, in consultation with the sitting Members (and their Constituents) so that he can 1) Accurately gauge the desires of the Electorate, and 2) ensure that he has placed his stamp on Policy.

Tim
    But your excuse doesn't explain why the LNP fishing policy was removed 12 months ago, long before Campbell got the gig?

Cherry picking. Go ahead, pick the bits you want, leave out the ones you don't. Doesn't help you.

Tim
    the difference between you and I is this Tim.

I have my head out in the open looking around not buried somewhere dark.

Anyway..I will make my decision coming polling day based on policies and local cnadidates not blind ideology.

with campbell at the helm we may get some more white elephant tunnels and bridges that no one uses.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    wow Chris..looks like for some the Messiah has arrived.
    The ALP is a shambles especially financially but the BCC is also not in a good position financially either.

I have no problem with the LNP wwith Newman at the helm or anyone else they choose..I do have a problem that everyone is hailing this bloke as all high and mighty and not one policy has been released. That. to me, is just being a lemming and following along blindly.
    What will you do if CN and Co decide to be real green and declare all Moreton bay as a Green Zone..you okay with that ?

So if waiting to hear what the policies are is nit picking and whinging then so be it..I don't have a problem with that label. Personally, I think it is the smarter option.

Bloody hell..look at the LNP candidate I have now..Tim Mander. Between him and the current Member, Murray Watt..not much option here.
    I actually know Tim Mander personally (not thru Footy) and I dont think he will do your electorate any harm. Hes a a top bloke with really excellent values and way bigger brain than is neded for Footy alone or just the role of the Third Ref upstairs!

And he will win too .

Cheers
    John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

I wondering with all this figuring out his new policies if Campbell will be as focus group driven as the rest of them? Sort of wonder where they get them from too,
    Tangles KFC

I think your being impartial Timi, as impartial can be.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...402-1cs5t.html

A good read for those who think it's a policy free zone and likely to stay that way.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    But your excuse doesn't explain why the LNP fishing policy was removed 12 months ago, long before Campbell got the gig?
    The Policy still exists. As I have said, give it a little time, Mike. The Fishing Policy will be pretty much what we want, though I have nothing to point me in the direction as to exactly what that will be, except to say that it will be very much like what it was then.

When it is released, and it is what it was, will you be happy with that?

Cheers,

tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Ausfish needs a field below "Location" headed "political slant of poster" with this we can make better sense of posts....this tread reminds me dearly of earlier threads regarding the AFLP/Q fishing party where self interested tear downers held inane (insane?) lines throughout their opinion, thinking for whatever reason that all others (or them themselves where too clever) where to ignorant to read between those simplistic lines.

One thing i can say for Timmy is when he makes a comment he hangs his junk out in plain view....those who are not confident enough to do this within their own party/ideological comments think they don't need to....but they do if to be taken seriously/credibly today ...Australia politically is changing IMO.

Thanks for replying Timmi, not that you've told me your opinion on why the LNP fishing policy was removed 12 months ago, again, except to say "the policy still exists" but then I thought all the policies were, as you said earlier "declared null & void". You're starting to spindoctor yourself now mate.
    I'm keen as mustard to see 1 rod in green zones but I heard 12 months ago it might not legally be possable. But as you said Mark Robinson told you it's still on, hopefuly it will be in their new policy, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    I actually know Tim Mander personally (not thru Footy) and I dont think he will do your electorate any harm. Hes a a top bloke with really excellent values and way bigger brain than is neded for Footy alone or just the role of the Third Ref upstairs!

And he will win too .

Cheers
    John
    I do have a problem with some of his "ideas" for want of a better word.

The Policy still exists. As I have said, give it a little time, Mike. The Fishing Policy will be pretty much what we want, though I have nothing to point me in the direction as to exactly what that will be, except to say that it will be very much like what it was then.

When it is released, and it is what it was, will you be happy with that?

Cheers,

tim
    Tim
    For someone that is so absorbed with facts , I find it incomprehensible that you are so ready to champion a policy / policies that are not yet in existence .
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I still don't get all of the negativity to this CN leadership bid..... All this talk about white anting and blah blah blah (and thats all it is is BLAH)... The facts that really matter in all this are:

1) QLD has had the most incompetent Government anyone could imagine.

2) QLD has lost it's AAA credit rating and racked up 65Billion in debt( exact figures are hard to find), all the while huge revenues have been coming through the coffers.

3) The Bligh Government has been stripping the rights of us Fisho's away just to appease our mortal enemy the Greens.

4) All we seem to hear at election time is "not voting for LNP with that donkey at the helm", "I would love to vote Labor out but there is no leadership in the opposition" Well, ladies and gents those arguments are gone. No more excuses for keeping the same incompetent bunch in power to keep screwing us......

Ok so thats where we sit, but we still have a few nit picking the semantics of it because right now that is the only argument there is against a LNP win.........oh no the LNP white anted the leader... booo hooo booo hooo, he's not even elected.... booo hoooo,

Cry all you like you bunch of whingers, ALP is gone and LNP are going to get in with a landslide.............Giddyup!!!!!!.......... I also see no reason why it can't be as big or close to the NSW victory...........Time to get use to it, because no amount of whinging and nit picking is going to help that!
    You may well be correct in what you are stating . I would just be interested in the altertnative policies that you are so sure Mr Newman will bring to the table.
    Shawn

I'm looking forward to seeing just what the "Messiah" will do for the Rec fishoe ......... I can only imagine how important it would be for him - afterall wasn't the previous messiah a fisherman too........

This is starting to remind me of a Monty Python movie - "He's not the messiah! " - "Oh yes he is! ... I should know because I've followed a few"

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I wonder if we could get some more posts up here about the thread
    What do you think would change for rec fishos with a Cambell Newman led Government?

Will any current legistlation be repealed ?

Would the LNP be less vunerable to the green pressure on our great pastime?

Maybe what do you hope would change about the above????

Weve just about exhaustedour points of view (including me) about the virtues or otherwise of each major Party.

Cheers
    John

"let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"