Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

I still don't get all of the negativity to this CN leadership bid..... All this talk about white anting and blah blah blah (and thats all it is is BLAH)... The facts that really matter in all this are:

1) QLD has had the most incompetent Government anyone could imagine.

2) QLD has lost it's AAA credit rating and racked up 65Billion in debt( exact figures are hard to find), all the while huge revenues have been coming through the coffers.

3) The Bligh Government has been stripping the rights of us Fisho's away just to appease our mortal enemy the Greens.

4) All we seem to hear at election time is "not voting for LNP with that donkey at the helm", "I would love to vote Labor out but there is no leadership in the opposition" Well, ladies and gents those arguments are gone. No more excuses for keeping the same incompetent bunch in power to keep screwing us......

Ok so thats where we sit, but we still have a few nit picking the semantics of it because right now that is the only argument there is against a LNP win.........oh no the LNP white anted the leader... booo hooo booo hooo, he's not even elected.... booo hoooo,

Cry all you like you bunch of whingers, ALP is gone and LNP are going to get in with a landslide.............Giddyup!!!!!!.......... I also see no reason why it can't be as big or close to the NSW victory...........Time to get use to it, because no amount of whinging and nit picking is going to help that!
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

wow Chris..looks like for some the Messiah has arrived.
    The ALP is a shambles especially financially but the BCC is also not in a good position financially either.

I have no problem with the LNP wwith Newman at the helm or anyone else they choose..I do have a problem that everyone is hailing this bloke as all high and mighty and not one policy has been released. That. to me, is just being a lemming and following along blindly.
    What will you do if CN and Co decide to be real green and declare all Moreton bay as a Green Zone..you okay with that ?

So if waiting to hear what the policies are is nit picking and whinging then so be it..I don't have a problem with that label. Personally, I think it is the smarter option.

Bloody hell..look at the LNP candidate I have now..Tim Mander. Between him and the current Member, Murray Watt..not much option here.

Why would I have any reason to believe the LNP would do that. There is nothing to suggest this could happen. It is obvious to the LNP that Rec Anglers are looking for a "messiah" to rid them of Labor so why would they.

The first and biggest reason for me to want to vote LNP without seeing a policy is the fact as you state that the ALP has been a shambles financially and a message needs to be sent...... Regardless of how LNP fair when in power they need a shot, end of story, ALP had their shot and got an EPIC FAIL in every column so it's time to give LNP a run.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

It really amazes me how Logic leaves the room.

The LNP pull all Policies off their website, as CN is going through them with a fine tooth comb. Unreasonable? Not at all - I suspect this is what any new Leader would do.

How long would this take? To do it properly? Quite some time. And when it's done, the Policies will be up again. Is that something people lack the intellect to grasp? You'd think so, given some of the responses seen here.

Instead of saying "They have no Policies so I won't vote for them," I'd have thought a more reasoned response would be "I will wait until their Policies are back up, read them and make my decision." Seems a little more Logical to me.

The Election isn't tomorrow. So you don't have to decide what to do today. Does anyone actually think that the LNP are going to leave things as they are Policy wise? Really? Does anyone think that? Given that it's entirely sensible for them to do what they're doing, this idea that they're "Policy Free" is revealed in it's true nature.

Just an opportunity to whinge. And when the Policies finally do go back up, the same people will whinge about those, too. Regardless of their content, because that's what whingers do.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

There was no policies of there own on there website, if you hit the link for there environmental policies all it done was send you to the federal coalitions website for there take on the environment.Little wonder they were regarded as an AWOL opposition.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Freshwater Tragic View Post
    I realise that any opinion opposite to yours is automatically wrong.
    Ah, just because I don't seem to be hit with a cogent argument beyond "I hate them all, they suck," it's somehow my fault?

If I choose to be positive, and everyone argues negatively (bagging and so on) this is somehow reflective of my incapacity to take on board good points? I'm still waiting to see something, anything constructive. That means I'm inflexible? I see.

Thanks for your good wishes, by the way. Yes, it is tough operating a Business in this environment, and yes, there are a lot of good operators out there. We consistently get "We will wait for you because no one else is as good." I've worked hard for that, as have my Staff. I do a few things differently, but that is a subject for another thread.

Cheers,

Tim

Do we need to be concerned that this could be another Howard style of government. We remember that when howard was in power he made wholesale reforms that we didn't like because he had the numbers in government to pass legislation without challenge. we didn't like this and we voted him out . Do we give Newman the same power and risk the same style of government. Is Newman responsible enough for all this power, will he act reasonably or just rule with an iron hand as he has done in Brisbane? remember we didn't want it in our federal government do we want it for state? Be careful we could have something that we didn't want and don't need just don't vote out Anna and elect Campbell think what is being offered to your community and how it will benefit you and your family. I know change is good but we need a good change and not just a change to get rid of someone. I am standing as an independent for my electorate as I want to be the voice of the people and work for the community and not just a party puppet who has to do what their leader tells them.

what electorate are you standing for?
    Tangles KFC

Pumicestone. This is the Bribie Island and Caboolture electorate. I am working with small businesses and community based organisations within the area to develop growth, employment, health and education initiatives. I am developing a team of people from the community who will help create change for the better and use their skills and knowledge base to develop a plan that I can share with local council and federal member to work together to benefit the people and their families. I am not a party puppet and will be an employee of the people. I have commited that any donations that I receive will, if I get elected or get over 4% of the primary vote will go back to the community as grants, and I would challenge any other political party to do the same. The reason for 4% is that the Electoral Commission of QLD will reimburse any legitimate claim if you achieve this percentage of votes.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    It really amazes me how Logic leaves the room.

The LNP pull all Policies off their website, as CN is going through them with a fine tooth comb. Unreasonable? Not at all - I suspect this is what any new Leader would do.

How long would this take? To do it properly? Quite some time. And when it's done, the Policies will be up again. Is that something people lack the intellect to grasp? You'd think so, given some of the responses seen here.

Instead of saying "They have no Policies so I won't vote for them," I'd have thought a more reasoned response would be "I will wait until their Policies are back up, read them and make my decision." Seems a little more Logical to me.

The Election isn't tomorrow. So you don't have to decide what to do today. Does anyone actually think that the LNP are going to leave things as they are Policy wise? Really? Does anyone think that? Given that it's entirely sensible for them to do what they're doing, this idea that they're "Policy Free" is revealed in it's true nature.

Just an opportunity to whinge. And when the Policies finally do go back up, the same people will whinge about those, too. Regardless of their content, because that's what whingers do.

Tim
    good grief..and you are saying you will vote for them regardless of policies..that must have taken a lot of intellect also.

Reality should be..a leader follows the Party policies..the policies should be made by the Party not by an individual...when a person is bigger than the Party that is not a good way to go.

Amazing, when someone differs to you they whinge..get over it..not everyone is going to agree with you..you make your decisions and everyone makes their own or is that part of demcoracy beyond your intellect?

If Campbell is your Messiah then so be it..i will wait until the policies are released and see what they are before I make any decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    good grief..and you are saying you will vote for them regardless of policies..that must have taken a lot of intellect also.

Reality should be..a leader follows the Party policies..the policies should be made by the Party not by an individual...when a person is bigger than the Party that is not a good way to go.

Amazing, when someone differs to you they whinge..get over it..not everyone is going to agree with you..you make your decisions and everyone makes their own or is that part of demcoracy beyond your intellect?

If Campbell is your Messiah then so be it..i will wait until the policies are released and see what they are before I make any decisions.
    Straw man argument, Greg. You state that I will vote for them without regard for their policies or lack thereof, then lampoon me.

I clearly stated that they will produce their policies in good time, and that once that occurs it is the time to make a judgement. This appears to have escaped you. No surprise there.

This is what I said. Pretty easy to comprehend, I'd have thought:

"Instead of saying "They have no Policies so I won't vote for them," I'd have thought a more reasoned response would be "I will wait until their Policies are back up, read them and make my decision." Seems a little more Logical to me."

Tim

If Campbell Newman has taken all policies down from the LNP website so that he may rewrite them, then does this mean a dictator has taken over the party. For all intents and purposes he is saying that everything will be done in accordance with his requirements and not those of a group of people. Do we want someone who will do what we want or do we want to do something that he tells us to do as a dictator. I will not kneel before Campbell Newman and call him master.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Straw man argument, Greg. You state that I will vote for them without regard for their policies or lack thereof, then lampoon me.

I clearly stated that they will produce their policies in good time, and that once that occurs it is the time to make a judgement. This appears to have escaped you. No surprise there.

This is what I said. Pretty easy to comprehend, I'd have thought:

"Instead of saying "They have no Policies so I won't vote for them," I'd have thought a more reasoned response would be "I will wait until their Policies are back up, read them and make my decision." Seems a little more Logical to me."

Tim
    but you also said..."Thus I intend doing everything in my power to get the LNP into office, with a decent majority."

Does it surprise you I noticed that comment..poor dumb me huh.
    Policies obviously mean nothing to you..just that the LNP win. I hate the current Govt but I also will not vote blindly for someone else without knowing what they stand for.

I can tell you now that in my electorate...the current incumbent is useless and I do not like the idea of the LNP candidate being my Member either. Stuck between a rock and a hard place in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    but you also said..."Thus I intend doing everything in my power to get the LNP into office, with a decent majority."

Does it surprise you I noticed that comment..poor dumb me huh.
    Policies obviously mean nothing to you..just that the LNP win. I hate the current Govt but I also will not vote blindly for someone else without knowing what they stand for.

I can tell you now that in my electorate...the current incumbent is useless and I do not like the idea of the LNP candidate being my Member either. Stuck between a rock and a hard place in this one.
    Cherry picking. Go ahead, pick the bits you want, leave out the ones you don't. Doesn't help you.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Beast1965 View Post
    If Campbell Newman has taken all policies down from the LNP website so that he may rewrite them, then does this mean a dictator has taken over the party. For all intents and purposes he is saying that everything will be done in accordance with his requirements and not those of a group of people. Do we want someone who will do what we want or do we want to do something that he tells us to do as a dictator. I will not kneel before Campbell Newman and call him master.
    You are standing as an Independent, yes? Therefore your statement is exactly what anyone would expect from you.

It is, however, quite inaccurate. All Policy has been declared null and void. Why? Well, here's the process - and I know this is the process, for obvious reasons:

CN is looking at all policy, in consultation with the sitting Members (and their Constituents) so that he can 1) Accurately gauge the desires of the Electorate, and 2) ensure that he has placed his stamp on Policy.

It's called Leadership. I'm sure you are doing exactly the same thing with your Campaign Team at the local level. And if you don't? You ain't gonna win.

Tim