Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Honestly, the I reckon dick all will happen when it comes to rec fishing. Nothing will change other than possible future closures/lock outs. nothing will be repealed or investigated....we'll get didly friggin squat back.

but saying that, it still won't change my vote for them, at least I might hope that rego's, taxes, and other govt charges might at least remain stable during their reign. And maybe we'll get back in the black too. Labor has proven they can't be trusted to look after what i fork out of my pocket, and that's why they won't be getting my vote.

i have no faith in any political party, but only one party has overseen dramatic economic growth and prosperity on a national scale, and Labor ain't it!

Thumbs up Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Does Camp-all Newtown , have a record of reducing the cost of anythink

Timmyboy...lead with example(s)

I still think Bill Shorten would be proud.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    I still think Bill Shorten would be proud.
    Steeler,
    How mant times must you be told,
    IT IS ONLY WRONG IF THE LABOR PARTY DO IT.
    Shawn

At least JPL took it like a man not like poor Kevy wevy quivering like a cry baby !

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Does Camp-all Newtown , have a record of reducing the cost of anythink

Timmyboy...lead with example(s)
    Now there is a loaded question.

Why don't you lead with a commentary on all of the wonderful things Anna has done for our Economy?

You might then add something about the differences between the Electorate of a City vs a State, and a discussion about how apples = oranges, or some such other.

How do you reduce cost while you are introducing some of the most direly needed infrastructure projects in Brisbane's history? You tell me and we'll both know. At least the stuff finally got built, and eventually (once the ppp stuff goes through the tubes) will be of huge benefit to the city. There's an old saying "There are no votes in infrastructure." It's why most Governments won't do much regarding it. Someone had the balls to make it happen. I wonder who that was?

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    There's an old saying "There are no votes in infrastructure." It's why most Governments won't do much regarding it. Someone had the balls to make it happen. I wonder who that was?

Tim
    Joh.........
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I know me me bad no white anting in the LNP, JPL would attest to that.

Now there is a loaded question.

Why don't you lead with a commentary on all of the wonderful things Anna has done for our Economy?

You might then add something about the differences between the Electorate of a City vs a State, and a discussion about how apples = oranges, or some such other.

How do you reduce cost while you are introducing some of the most direly needed infrastructure projects in Brisbane's history? You tell me and we'll both know. At least the stuff finally got built, and eventually (once the ppp stuff goes through the tubes) will be of huge benefit to the city. There's an old saying "There are no votes in infrastructure." It's why most Governments won't do much regarding it. Someone had the balls to make it happen. I wonder who that was?

Tim
    well said tim..you must have had lessons from your pollie mates..lots of words and no answer to the question asked.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    well said tim..you must have had lessons from your pollie mates..lots of words and no answer to the question asked.
    Why should I answer a crap question? I've been answering quite a lot lately, from folks who are politely asking for answers. Most seem content with my responses. I don't see why I should spend the time responding to people who will simply bag out on everything said. Some people aren't worth the effort.

Tim

I guess some of us are little perplexed, just a tad.When the ALP cock up your all over it like a cheap suit when the LNP do something similar its for the greater good ie white ant a party leader in favour of a guy who is not even an elected member.

Seriously though I do hope it all works out for you QLDers in the future but if you think i can type it out on a forum to look bad what do you think opposing party strategists will make it look and sound come election time.Its to simplistic to gauge how things will go using sentiment on this forum because it is already for the most part a won over target group.

Face it most pollies are useless and are only in it for there own greater good and to satisfy the ego.They think nothing of feeding us a heap of porky pies, and yes Timi i know you think you are tight with some in the LNP but guess what they do it to.Even the unelected claytons leader of the LNP started out his state parliamentary career with a porky.

How many would get a start in the private sector with similar responsibility, i reckon you could count them on one hand.There incompetence and consistency to tell BS would not be tolerated in the private sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    I guess some of us are little perplexed, just a tad.When the ALP cock up your all over it like a cheap suit when the LNP do something similar its for the greater good ie white ant a party leader in favour of a guy who is not even an elected member.

Seriously though I do hope it all works out for you QLDers in the future but if you think i can type it out on a forum to look bad what do you think opposing party strategists will make it look and sound come election time.Its to simplistic to gauge how things will go using sentiment on this forum because it is already for the most part a won over target group.

Face it most pollies are useless and are only in it for there own greater good and to satisfy the ego.They think nothing of feeding us a heap of porky pies, and yes Timi i know you think you are tight with some in the LNP but guess what they do it to.Even the unelected claytons leader of the LNP started out his state parliamentary career with a porky.

How many would get a start in the private sector with similar responsibility, i reckon you could count them on one hand.There incompetence and consistency to tell BS would not be tolerated in the private sector.
    No, for me it's more about glass half full...

I don't think the LNP HAVE cocked up in doing what they've done with CN. It needed doing, and how else could it have been done?

Yes, I am tight with Mark. He would be the first to acknowledge that I have made it clear to him that while he and the LNP have my full support, if they don't take care of Fishos I will treat them appropriately. I see Fishing as a proxy for so much that requires Freedom - and they are the only ones offering us any hope.

When I first considered entering Politics, it was as an Independent, with Fishing and Outdoors as the barrow. I quickly realised that was not the most effective method of getting something achieved, which is why I decided on the LNP - Labor offered us nothing. Obviously that suits my Right leanings, being a Business owner and all, but I might surprise you with some Centrist views on other issues. But I will not be entering Politics. Period.

Thus I intend doing everything in my power to get the LNP into office, with a decent majority. It is the only chance we have of curbing all this control and waste we are beset with. If that fails, well, I'll never stop trying. The day I become a tired old whinger with nothing positive to say about anything will be the day people start asking about how many Angels can dance on my head - and I hope someone will have me shot.

Tim

No, for me it's more about glass half full...

I don't think the LNP HAVE cocked up in doing what they've done with CN. It needed doing, and how else could it have been done?

Yes, I am tight with Mark. He would be the first to acknowledge that I have made it clear to him that while he and the LNP have my full support, if they don't take care of Fishos I will treat them appropriately. I see Fishing as a proxy for so much that requires Freedom - and they are the only ones offering us any hope.

When I first considered entering Politics, it was as an Independent, with Fishing and Outdoors as the barrow. I quickly realized that was not the most effective method of getting something achieved, which is why I decided on the LNP - Labor offered us nothing. Obviously that suits my Right leanings, being a Business owner and all, but I might surprise you with some Centrist views on other issues. But I will not be entering Politics. Period.

Thus I intend doing everything in my power to get the LNP into office, with a decent majority. It is the only chance we have of curbing all this control and waste we are beset with. If that fails, well, I'll never stop trying. The day I become a tired old whinger with nothing positive to say about anything will be the day people start asking about how many Angels can dance on my head - and I hope someone will have me shot.

Tim
    Good Evening Tim,
    It must be the Dimple that is making me post this reply. I realise that any opinion opposite to yours is automatically wrong.I just find it extraordinary that you are willing to back a political party that ,to date has no polices . Are you so blinded by political ideology that you can not see the trees for the Forrest.And( Yes Tim i was taught that you never start a sentence with AND) ,
    AS I HAVE STATED ON PREVIOUS OCCASIONS ,I DETEST ,YES DETEST, POLITICIANS OF ANY PERSUASION.
    By the way, in reference to your post concerning quality plant operators , I believe that I am up to 67 operators that assure me they are the best in SEQ.
    In conclusion I appauld any person that has the b%%ls to make a go of a small business these days ,and i wish you well
    Shawn

Arrow Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Hi Timmyboy , thanks for your ...ummm....ummmm....ummmm non-answers
    I also Respect your "conviction" the LNP is the go mate.

Does Setup a sorta Barnyard Coup syndrome , for the Future

Can imagine Newtown also would just touch his toes , if he was challenged by a mayor in a rural town. ,who said his "policies were shit" & null & void

p.s. Mark R ?? must be quaking in his boots to ever lose your support

anyways , if you do think of an example , lemme know

The Alp including Anna and Fraser are trying to make cheap political mileage out of the unusual methods of Campbell Newman's rise during this season.
    Seeing it has not brokern any laws or Constitutional requirements its a pretty lame duck way of trying to scuttle C Ms arising and ultimate annointing as King.

Its a bit like Julia Gillard trying today to appear to put some distance between herself and the greens LOL!!! What a joke! Bit late to be trying to hoodwink the electorate with that kind of stunt!

Everyone knows Labor is married to the Greens for this term and wont get a divorce from Bob Brown thru anyother means than an election.

This unhappy marriage of convenience is gonna end up ugly. Dont forget how poorly the greens did in the NSW election as well.

John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"