Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

How about one line one hook per person everywhere...

There is something different CN...

Scoota...

What will I do with the ten other rods I own

Pinhead,

What would be wrong with a Joh reincarnation? Best free hospital system in Australia? Cheap fuel? Low taxes? Infrastructure? A budget in the black? Low cost of living? All gone now I'm afraid. Slowly but surely.

Joh polarised people and I think you showed your colours there. Probably as i am. He stood up against the unions which wasn't popular for some. But a stong leader can get things done. Regardless of a brown paper bag or two.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    read the thread question John...that is the crux of my responses..we have no idea cos they are not telling enyone at the moment.
    I am not a Bligh fan nor a fan of any pollie but I do like to know what they are offering (even though they all change that as soon as they gain power).
    I take voting seriously and want to know what options I have prior to casting my vote.

aww geee Chris...some do not agree with some therefore classed as whingers..spare me. This is called democracy and we all have one thing..a vote and we all have the right to exercise that equally.
    Um Er ,,,, I started the thread so I know whats in it??

You said and I quote

I find it bemusing that one person can not even have the position yet the entire Party does as he wants.

My point about leadership was in response to your comment in which i take it you cant understand why they are all doing what he wants?

I think they all can see he is a leader out in front of all the also rans of the last decade,Thats why they are "yes Sir three bags full sir"

John
    Last edited by odes20; 30-03-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by sandbankmagnet View Post
    Pinhead,

What would be wrong with a Joh reincarnation? Best free hospital system in Australia? Cheap fuel? Low taxes? Infrastructure? A budget in the black? Low cost of living? All gone now I'm afraid. Slowly but surely.

Joh polarised people and I think you showed your colours there. Probably as i am. He stood up against the unions which wasn't popular for some. But a stong leader can get things done. Regardless of a brown paper bag or two.
    what colours did I show? Please enlighten me ?

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Um Er ,,,, I started the thread so I know whats in it??

You said and I quote

I find it bemusing that one person can not even have the position yet the entire Party does as he wants.

My point about leadership was in response to your comment in which i take it you cant understand why they are all doing what he wants?

I think they all can see he is a leader out in front of all the also rans of the last decade,Thats why they are "yes Sir three bags full sir"

John
    I understand totally..but the bloke has not even been elected as an MLA ..and what happens if he isn't elected?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    A tunnel from Wynnum to Tangalooma.....cars with boat-trailers FREE !!!
    Sorry but I hope that never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by johncar View Post
    Sorry but I hope that never happens.
    don't panic..that will never happen..will be a tunnel from Wynnum to Nth Stradbroke then a bridge to Moreton.

Speaking of tunnels..is he getting started on the one from Toowong cemetery to Everton Park before he leaves..he bloody well better get that underway first.

I understand totally..but the bloke has not even been elected as an MLA ..and what happens if he isn't elected?
    What if?

The sky's going to fall on your head Chicken Little.

People running around saying "what if it doesn't work out?" Well, that's obvious. You keep going further to hell in a handbasket.

And if it does? What then? A negative result, or a positive result. If we show CN and Co what we hope for, we might get it. Then again, we tell them they suck? We will get what we deserve.

Right now we know we're %^cked. I'd try anything other than what we have. Can it be worse?

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    What if?

The sky's going to fall on your head Chicken Little.

People running around saying "what if it doesn't work out?" Well, that's obvious. You keep going further to hell in a handbasket.

And if it does? What then? A negative result, or a positive result. If we show CN and Co what we hope for, we might get it. Then again, we tell them they suck? We will get what we deserve.

Right now we know we're %^cked. I'd try anything other than what we have. Can it be worse?

Tim

Tim..ALL politicians suck..of every persuasion.

What would be wrong with a Joh reincarnation? Best free hospital system in Australia?

This is not a political statement. Just an observation.

Many of us get a bit nostalgic for the old Queensland free hospital system funded by the Golden Casket.

My memories of the free hospital system are that it was a bit tired when it existed.

In my childhood and youth, I was an out-patient of the Qld public hospital system at several times and the waiting times were something awful as was the need by medical staff to sometimes exercise an expedient solution to the patient's problem.

Likewise, the accommodation for my grandmother and father when they were hospitalised and eventually died in hospital in the sixties and early seventies was very ordinary. As a result of my experiencing just how ordinary the free hospital system was, I ensured that none of my kids were born in a public ward in the seventies.

I am not sure that we would really tolerate the 1960's/1970's free hospital experience in 2011.

But of course, the healthcare standards of 2011 are not cheap.

A little while ago, I compared the annual budget of Queensland Health with the operating profit of the Golden Casket including the TAB before it was privatised. The difference in $ was immense. There is no way that a 2011 standard of public healthcare can be funded by the Golden Casket as it was circa the 1960's.

Perhaps, we need to stop living in the past when doing comparisons of things like health care funding just as none of us would seriously suggest that an FJ Holden is equivalent to the latest Holden sedans.

Likewise, compare and contrast the 2011 experience of driving to the Gold Coast from Brisbane with the 1960's experience of stop/start, bumper to bumper traffic for tens of kms with the road lined with cars with their bonnets up and steam gushing from their boiling radiators.

Life in the era of Nicklin, Bjelke-Petersen etc was not better. It was just different ... and in many, many ways, a lot harder.

All the political arguments these days seem to suggest that we are really doing it tough in 2011. Ya gotta be jokin'!

what colours did I show? Please enlighten me ?
    the Red and Green of the rabbits looking at your avatar picture
    Cheers,
    Chris

Pinhead,

Ahh the memories- its amazing how only the good things are remebered, even if they never happened. Infrastructure?? Have a look at the state of QLD roads- worst in Australia (not that successive gov's have improved them greatly). This stems from Joh abolishing road taxes so his trucking company could run a bit more profitably- the cheeky scoundrel. He he did get things done but the days of a corupt rogue politition running the state are over (I know the can of worms that statement will open up!)

"but the days of a corupt rogue politition running the state are over"

Thats so funny I nearly pissed myself, has to be the joke of the year !!

Cheers

She (Bligh) hasn't been proven to be corrupt- yet. Keneally was walking the tightrope though.

It was said half tongue-in-cheek although I doubt we will see a pollie as brazenly corrupt as Sir Joh in the times we now live in.

from the brisbane Times:
    "
    The leadership confusion came as federal independent MP Bob Katter criticised state opposition MPs, labelling them “dummies” and “rubber stamps” for Cr Newman.
    Mr Katter said he was concerned about Cr Newman's bid to render current LNP policies “null and void” and introduce new ones once he is endorsed by the party.
    He wished Cr Newman well but said LNP politicians had been reduced to “laughable rubber stamps” by rolling over and accepting Mr Newman's decision to junk all their policies.
    “To see some very decent people in the state house reduced to laughing stocks and rubber stamps and intimidated by their own party, that's not fair and that's not good government,” Mr Katter told reporters in Brisbane yesterday."