Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    so Campbell is now the LNP? A one man band? He has the say on all policies?
    I would say that that is not very democratic to all the rank and file members of the LNP..more like a dictatorial attitude from CN. Is that where we are headed?
    I always thought the Party was bigger than any individual.

The more I see and hear of this I more I think CN is a Joh reincarnation...dare we go back down that path ?

I would expect Party Policies to remain reasonably unchanged as they are what a Party is baed on.

The more you look at Politics these days the divide between LNP and ALP is so small it is hardly noticable any more.
    Not from where I sit, as a cattle producer and landholder. LNP at least give a bugger about primary production and the problems associated with it. All we've had from Labor is sucking of resources from west, and north into the south east to pay for more public servants for Peter Beattie and Anna Bligh. Services have been cut and legislation enacted that is not only draconian, but also mindless and stupid in many ways as well. From where I stand anyway.
    regards jim

All of that other crap aside, the one thing that excites me is that LNP should win this campaign convincingly.... No need to pander to the greens for preferences, just policy as they see it necessary..... that gives them a huge head start in my books and with Kate Jones gone that is a double bonus.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the expected process from the wise people here:

1. Party realises it has no Leadership.
    2. Party identifies best Leadership option.
    3. Party says "No, he's not from in here, so we won't have him, we'll just fail."

OK, that didn't work. Let's try this one:

3. New Leader says "OK, but we won't change any Policies because people will think it's all about me, so while I am to be your Leader, I shan't actually lead anything."

3. New Leader says "Righto, I'll come on board. First thing to do is get rid of all Policy, and start again. But we have to complete our Policy rehash within 24 hours. Don't worry about facts, these people will take anything we feed them"
    4. Policies made up on the fly won't work, but the punters are happy because at least they have something to make them feel nice. They're all used to that approach.

3. New Leader says "Righto, I'll come on board. First thing to do is get rid of all Policy, and start again. But we have to complete our Policy rehash within 24 hours."
    4. Everyone's head explodes because new Leader turned out to be a fool - after all, how do you review, change and cost where possible every Policy in 24 hours, with the absence of any Financial information because the incumbent Government won't give it to you?

3. New Leader says "Righto, I'll come on board. First thing to do is get rid of all Policy, and start again with all the Policies I found successful in my Mayoral seat. I don't need to ask anyone, because I already know best."
    4. Everyone not in Brisbane goes nuts, votes for Labor because the LNP have a screw loose.

3. New Leader says "Righto, I'll come on board. First thing to do is get rid of all Policy, and start again.
    4. New Leader spends time formulating Policies in consultation with Party Members who are consulting with Constituents (including those from the Bush who until now have not been his concern), recognising that it will take time, but that it is necessary to do it properly.

And what happens? The final one is the one they choose, but they get bagged out because all the Average Voter really wants is to have the Sunshine blown up his arse. Well, I guess it is the Sunshine State.

Regarding CN's "Green Credentials?" How do you think he kept the job? Inner City Voters wouldn't touch him and so much in Brisbane wouldn't have happened if he didn't push such policies. I think it's good that Brisbane buses run on natural gas. Carbon offsets are a wank; but it seems they were the will of the Majority in Brisbane. They pale in comparison to Carbon Taxes, ETS, Nannyism and Lockouts which are the limit to the imagination of Labor atm. Labor are addicted to the Greens, they cannot survive without them. Thus as long as you keep Labor, you keep the Greens, and you have the Green Agenda with which to live. As stated previously, I will get into bed with anyone who resists the Green wave. That is my Agenda: Freedom.

It is utterly unreasonable (to put it politely) to expect that the LNP will have a new set of Policies up and running a day or two after the cancellation of the previous set. I mean really, what planet are some folks from? I would suggest people wait - patience is a virtue. It may take a little while, but to my knowledge we will see a set of Policies which are broadly in line with what was before, including Policies which are considerate to the needs of Recreational Anglers. Geez, isn't that better than having someone blow the Sunshine up your arse? I guess you're all used to pineapples, so a little Sunshine'll make no difference.

Cheers,

tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

well Tim..it is patently obvious where the sunshine is being blown. Some people will believe anything a certain Party wants to do / will do as being the be all and end all. Some of us prefer to weigh up the options from ALL Parties and candidates and not just be another party lemming.

So tell me...what has the LNP based itself on in the past if their policies are so pathetic they just dump them at the drop of the hat. At least the ALP and greens stick basically by their long held principles however rotten they may be.

I find it bemusing that one person can not even have the position yet the entire Party does as he wants.

OK mate, I'll take your advice. Anna for another term because she has something on her website, and that means nothing offered by anyone else could ever be any better, so before they offer anything at all we'll just kill the Opposition because hey, we never liked them anyway.

No whingeing, complaining, or spruiking options from anyone please. I'm looking forward to prosperity with her at the helm again, it should be really good. No time for anything but work, given anything else we enjoy has been banned. Prices for basic services are so high I need to work two jobs anyway, so why would I want to fish or 4WD?

edit: but wait. I can't get a job. Where did those 100,000 go again? The Poor are sure as hell getting poorer right now.

Cheers,

Tim
    Last edited by TimiBoy; 30-03-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: added sarcasm...

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    So, the recent long awaited news of Campbell Newmans announcement to run for a State seat and premier has really stirred the political pot in QLD.

What do you think would change for rec fishos with a Cambell Newman led Government?

Will any current legistlation be repealed ?

Would the LNP be less vunerable to the green pressure on our great pastime?

John
    Good question John, lets all vote for him and see what changes !

Damo.

Timi,

Don't bother mate. Some people wold be whinging no matter how they did this...... Just cant please some.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Regarding CN's "Green Credentials?" How do you think he kept the job? Inner City Voters wouldn't touch him and so much in Brisbane wouldn't have happened if he didn't push such policies. I think it's good that Brisbane buses run on natural gas. Carbon offsets are a wank; but it seems they were the will of the Majority in Brisbane. They pale in comparison to Carbon Taxes, ETS, Nannyism and Lockouts which are the limit to the imagination of Labor atm. Labor are addicted to the Greens, they cannot survive without them. Thus as long as you keep Labor, you keep the Greens, and you have the Green Agenda with which to live. As stated previously, I will get into bed with anyone who resists the Green wave. That is my Agenda: Freedom.

It is utterly unreasonable (to put it politely) to expect that the LNP will have a new set of Policies up and running a day or two after the cancellation of the previous set. I mean really, what planet are some folks from? I would suggest people wait - patience is a virtue. It may take a little while, but to my knowledge we will see a set of Policies which are broadly in line with what was before, including Policies which are considerate to the needs of Recreational Anglers. Geez, isn't that better than having someone blow the Sunshine up your arse? I guess you're all used to pineapples, so a little Sunshine'll make no difference.

Cheers,

tim[/quote]

Hey Hey!! Love the way you think Tim !!

Smack em! Hard!

I have a new Idea as well.

VOTE 1 TIMIBOY!!
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    well Tim..it is patently obvious where the sunshine is being blown. Some people will believe anything a certain Party wants to do / will do as being the be all and end all. Some of us prefer to weigh up the options from ALL Parties and candidates and not just be another party lemming.

So tell me...what has the LNP based itself on in the past if their policies are so pathetic they just dump them at the drop of the hat. At least the ALP and greens stick basically by their long held principles however rotten they may be.

I find it bemusing that one person can not even have the position yet the entire Party does as he wants.
    Its called Leadership Pinhead!
    Everyone with half a brain can see that the Langbrook Seeney Springborg era was a Leadership void with all of us marking time till finally a true Leader stood up. Im so glad he put his hand up at last!

The tide has turned

John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Its called Leadership Pinhead!
    Everyone with half a brain can see that the Langbrook Seeney Springborg era was a Leadership void with all of us marking time till finally a true Leader stood up. Im so glad he put his hand up at last!

The tide has turned

John
    read the thread question John...that is the crux of my responses..we have no idea cos they are not telling enyone at the moment.
    I am not a Bligh fan nor a fan of any pollie but I do like to know what they are offering (even though they all change that as soon as they gain power).
    I take voting seriously and want to know what options I have prior to casting my vote.

aww geee Chris...some do not agree with some therefore classed as whingers..spare me. This is called democracy and we all have one thing..a vote and we all have the right to exercise that equally.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    It is utterly unreasonable (to put it politely) to expect that the LNP will have a new set of Policies up and running a day or two after the cancellation of the previous set. I mean really, what planet are some folks from? I would suggest people wait - patience is a virtue. It may take a little while, but to my knowledge we will see a set of Policies which are broadly in line with what was before, including Policies which are considerate to the needs of Recreational Anglers.
    Cheers,

tim
    The LNP Rec Fishing Policy that once stated "1 line and hook in green zones while new research is done" was removed from the LNP web site over 12 months ago, other policies were left there but that one was removed.
    You must have missed that meeting Timmi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    The LNP Rec Fishing Policy that once stated "1 line and hook in green zones while new research is done" was removed from the LNP web site over 12 months ago, other policies were left there but that one was removed.
    You must have missed that meeting Timmi.
    No, I didn't in fact.

I got right up MR when I found out, though he has stated that the Policy is as it was, with the exception that, given they have no idea of the state of the Budget, they will not commit money to research - so we may be one line one hook for a while, if Anna's lying about the deficit. But Anna would never do that, would she?

And I now have a strong assurance that all Queensland Fishos will do well out of CN's review of Policy. What can I say, I have good sources? Wait and see Folks, but don't worry.

Cheers,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    What can I say, I have good sources?
    Cheers,

Tim
    Timmi Timmi Timmi, you gotta be kidding, I don't think you've got one right yet!

And the LNP Fishing Policy did vanish off their web site in early 2010! But the other policies stayed, ?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Timmi Timmi Timmi, you gotta be kidding, I don't think you've got one right yet!

And the LNP Fishing Policy did vanish off their web site in early 2010! But the other policies stayed?????????????
    That's correct. I believe it was taken off because they couldn't commit to the amount to be spent without knowing what the Budget situation was. In other words, they displayed a little honesty. Surprising, refreshing, and has been thoroughly chewed over on another thread...

Cheers,

tim

But not knowing the budget situation didn't effect the other policies that remained on the LNP web site, some of them were big spends too, what's your take on that? Hopefuly it wasn't a question of priorities.

I mean really, 1 line with 1 hook in a green zone, what would that cost? Or is that conditional, only if a new research project gets funded and off the ground.