Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

Re: What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?

To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing. He may be an inner city Brisbanite, but he loves Moreton Bay and camping and fishing with family and mates. He is also a practical conservationist, committed to sustainable fishing. He is not like the radical lefty Kate Jones who is selling out our right to fish for inner city Green preferences. I am working with Campbell to put forward a practical plan that considers what rec fishers want and to support a rec fishers right to fish, so long as it is sustainable. Campbell is also committed to getting the science right and basing longterm fisheries management decisions on hard data and facts, not politics.

Mark,

If what you said above turns out to be true then it will make most on this site pretty happy. My vote is going to the LNP this time and when you guys wipe the floor with the incumbent muppets I hope to really see this happen.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quite simply look at the Labour political garbage starting with the Grey Nurse Shark Debacle with Beattie linking GNS closures to land clearing bans in the 2004 election to woo Green preferences. Lose Lose for farmers and fishos.

Look hard and long at CN. But what has LABOUR done for fishos in over ten years of State incumbency. To quote the others, SFA. In fact, they have been anti fishing where there has to have been a choice made.

At the very least have your fishing vote heard by voting out Anna Sly. Then we as voting fisherfolk might be taken seriously by both sides.