Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kayak for a big man????

Re: Kayak for a big man????

cheers Grinner, i have and i havent. a mate of mine has an old town and he recons its the go. im kinda thinking if i get a canoe i may as well go the whole hog and get another boat, but i can definatly see where your coming from. it would be a good crossover.

eyeskeenas,

The question is how many people will be fishing from it on a regular basis? If the answer is jusy you, then go a single kayak.

I had a Rosco 15 foot fibreglass canoe and everyone said that they would come fishing. This was the case for the first couple of months and then they all went quiet. So I ended up getting my first single kayak and have never looked back - I can go fishing any time I like and not have to rely on anyone else.

Have since bought a 2-person kayak for mates trips, which does get used a bit. But I still have my single yak for those days when I want some peace & quiet for myself.

Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Mate,

I'm 6 foot 4 inch tall and weight just over 100kgs. Something that was said to me right at the start of my kayak fishing life was to get something that is minimum 3 meters long. If you get anything less than that the thing will sit low in the water and take a heap of energy to get up on a plane. I'd suggest the same to you.

Pete
    Make that nothing under 4m and you are on the money