Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ausfish Fine Food Fanciers Club - a Culinary Experience

Ausfish Fine Food Fanciers Club - a Culinary Experience

I am starting this thread with a view to allowing people with similar interests (that being fine food/wine and fishing) to get together on a regular or semi regular basis to enjoy a fine dining experience.

You don't have to join anything, there are no fees, the are no 'formal' meetings - you just need an appetite for sampling some of the finest cuisine we have available to us in this great land.

Think of this as the 'Meet and Greet' Thread for foodies.

The idea being .......someone wants to try a new restaurant (or even an old established one with a great reputation), so they post up here inviting others to join them (everyone pays their own way).

We could even organise culinary tours, wine tastings etc.

If we get some interest in this thread we could ask the Mods to make it a sticky.

Your thoughts please.

Greg

Re: Ausfish Fine Food Fanciers Club - a Culinary Experience

Well we will be the first to jump in here. Owen and I would be interested. Maybe even suggesting the first place of interest. The boathouse that I think Greg was taking about as being excellent. Can someone help me out on this?
    cheers
    sandyd

I'll be up for that. My only problem is I really, really do like a drink or five with dinner and there is not many AF'ers in my area I can scab a lift off!!

Andy..I am a bit like you, I do like to sample the wines to go with the food, and I usually budget in cab fares to go with the meal. Most of my 'dining partners' also like the 'complete experience' so there are no volunteers to be the designated driver.

Depending on the location, maybe we could organise a 'Maxi Taxi' to do a milk run for certain events.

Great idea Greg, hope it gains a little momentum.

I was involved in something similar last year for a while.

Met new people and introduced myself to " different " cuisines. mainly asian varieties. Food, not people....

I actually like to wash down a new dish with water.

cheers Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Welcome aboard Phill. thanks for the subtle 'edit'. Maybe if we made it a 'sticky' so I dont have to keep bumping it up would help.

Sandy....you have a suggestion for our first M&G???? Please spill the beans.

Thanks

Greg

PS. I love all the Asian cuisines, and anything seafood. I am also fascinated by the 'fusion' styles. There are so many good chefs out there trying to capture our taste buds with different styles. I am also partial to the perfectly cooked steak. And I dont mind trying the 'creme de la creme' of the industry (though not too often.....budgetary constraints and all).

Quote Originally Posted by sandyd View Post
    Well we will be the first to jump in here. Owen and I would be interested. Maybe even suggesting the first place of interest. The boathouse that I think Greg was taking about as being excellent. Can someone help me out on this?
    Wilsons Boathouse, Sandy.
    Either at Hamilton or Manly..seafood platter for 2..awesome..costs about $180 but worth every cent of it. Washed down with some Moet or Mumm and it is great.

Sorry Greg for taking so long to get back to you been busy with the new house, not a good start hey.
    It is Wilson Boat house i was talking about and I think Manly would be a great place. Thanks Greg for your help, would you and Sue be coming?
    cheers
    sandyd

do they do anything else other than seafood
    keryl doesn,t do seafood, but we would love to go
    might have to sell my sole but atm
    cheers guys and girls
    ian

Ditto Greg, Wilsons at Manly is a cracker,
    Tangles KFC

Do I take it thats a suggestion for our first Dinner?

Sounds like it now just make a date and lets see what happens. Maybe put it in the meet and greet area.
    cheers
    sandyd

I am thinking after the easter break would be good..any one have suggestions on a likely date?

7th May 6.30 pre dinner drinks
    cheers
    sandyd