Thread: Best leader/trace box/bag/feeder...

Best leader/trace box/bag/feeder...

Gday all. What do you reckon is the best thing to keep leaders in to allow feeding it out and holding the end where you can get it? I have seen the odd bag or two where you can store leaders and they have a flap and hole, with velcro to hold down the end of each one. I suppose you could niko mark each one on the bag to make it easy to grab the right poundage.

Any recommendations for boxes or bags that feed and hold, with brands etc would be helpful.

Cheers and thanks
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Re: Best leader/trace box/bag/feeder...

I have one of the plastic plano leader spool holders ,it holds 6 spools of leader it has 6 feeder holes to feed the line out it works alright at least your not hunting around for the right size leader it is good in the boat ....matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks Matt - does it have a little lip or something to hold the leader from going back into the box? I see it at BCF online - do those grommets hold the line ok?

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

No the line tends to sneak back inside ,its good if you are useing one or two different leaders on the day but it can be a pain if you have to open the box all the time to get the line out the hole again as the other spools can unroll a little and then it can all turn to crap. I will go back to self contained spools of leader like the small ones i carry in my tackle bag in the yak as they are better contained and less prone to getting out of control ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......