Thread: chilli crab recipes

chilli crab recipes

Just wondering how to cook chilli crab i have never had it before as i usually jsut boil them clean them and then in to the fridge some help would be great.thanks

Re: chilli crab recipes

There was thread on here not long ago with about a dozen different recipes- do a search through the recipes chat room and you should find it.

Cheers,

Re: chilli crab recipes

I do a very easy spin on this

200ml of good quality larger or bitter beer, crown, james boag or xxxx work well
    50-100ml of a good quality chilli or sweet chilli sauce
    teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
    a few good pinches of frech chopped parsley
    2 or more if you are lucky fresh mud craps, cleaned and brokenn into quarters

wack the claws and larger legs lightly witha knife hine or similar to crack the shells

mix the chilli sauce beer, ginger and parsley together and refrigerate for 10-15 mins for best results. if out camping or overnighting on the boat dont worry go to the next step

place your crab quarters into a decent sized pot and poor your mixture over it and cover with a lid. heat the pot to a medium temperature so that the crab segments are steamed/ simmered in the mixture, stodd and and turn the squater frequently so that they cook evenly and that they get plenty of time in thae sauce.

Crab is ready when it goes ready, serve hot and with cold beer and enjoy
    "Live Life"