Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rigging PE Tackle Fly's

Re: Rigging PE Tackle Fly's

Hi all I am just trying to finish up some photography for a rigs article, so will post it up soon.

The reason we started using lumo tube inbetween hooks was to stop the big reds rubbing the line through in between hooks, I dunno how many reds we lost because of this happening but it was in excess of 5-10 fish a trip sometimes. This solution hasn't failed us yet, but i think when the fish are quiet it can still be sometimes better to downsize the rig and leader size.

It's all about experimenting and trying what works best for you, we are constrantly trying different ways of rigging and fishing, because every day is different and fish may like one set up and not another.

Oh and as for side by side fishing with flys vs no flys, there is videos on youtube already. I took two mates, Matt and Ben out, Matt having never caught a legal red used flys, Ben who is usually on par with me as a fisho didn't use flys.

Part 1, also watch part 2 and 3.

As you can see Ben caught every species besides reds and was fishing the same rigs and baits as myself, and the majority of fish I caught were Reds. This has happened on quite a few occasions as well!

Cheers Anthony, I await your response with great interest. What are your thoughts on the PE circle vs PE deep V???? any preference.

Josh
    Yalta Craft 555HC, "BIMINI TWIST", home port Gladstone
    Member of the Yalta Craft Appreciation Society

I have been using the Deep V's a lot lately, I was a big circle fan but I find I hook more reds using the deep v's or one of each on a two hook stinger rig.

I have landed a 6kg red on the 2/0 Deep V a couple of trips ago, when I was fishing for hussar, gives you an idea of the quality of these hooks!