Thread: x-rap magnum not running??

x-rap magnum not running??

anyone had trouble getting an x-rap magnum 30 to run straight?

I have just one out of a bunch of them that won't run straight, no matter what tweaking I do

all the rest run well, usually straight out of the box, but this one just won't...

Re: x-rap magnum not running??

Mickre you what speed travelling? I am sure you looked at that . I havent tried the ones i got off you yet , will take themto PNG with me and give them their last rights

They are normally pretty good unless holed by one of the toothy brigade
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thats right, hollow lures even if they havnt seen action are always a risk of a leak, once waters in a cavity the balance is screwed. they have a pretty good rep so likely water is the cause

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Mickre you what speed travelling? I am sure you looked at that . I havent tried the ones i got off you yet , will take themto PNG with me and give them their last rights
    all my CD Mags and others same as yours work well, plus all my other x-raps

just this one freaky new x-rap won't run. 4 - 6 knots.

I was thinking i might cut the ring off and see if changes this one - maybe out of shape or something

Quote Originally Posted by brisbane_boy View Post
    Thats right, hollow lures even if they havnt seen action are always a risk of a leak, once waters in a cavity the balance is screwed. they have a pretty good rep so likely water is the cause
    nah, its a brand newy......... wants to run east or west when I am running north.........

I had a rapala a couple of years ago that would swim like that and after some looking it turned out to be the actual bib on the lure was slightly twisted as if it was heat damaged this is the only rapala I have had trouble with over the years ....matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

If its been in the water trueblue its not brand new, if a weld pops from heat the water pressure will force water into it in seconds, if all else fails give it the autopsy

I had one where the tow eye was loose in the bib and no matter which way you tweaked it, it would still want to come out of the water. It wasn't much - less that half a mm and hard to see and feel unless you know its loose but some areldite carefully placed might fix it...

Regards,

Lachie

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    nah, its a brand newy......... wants to run east or west when I am running north.........
    Mick i will give a test for you in Rabaul it shouldnt take to long regardless of the direction, Yeh your lures will be fine i am sure.

Rob would drilling them be a way to get water out then sealing ?

It might get the water out but then you will have at least 2 holes. The problem could be finding the leak Mick, araldite might do the job afterwards, around the eyelets would be worth a look but it might not be visible only water pressure opening them up. id at the least check the weight of a couple of lures on digi scales. Rabaul sounds ok thou LOL

Rob just going over to see the family but may get to wet a line but wont be for Bass this trip.
    Mick