Thread: Lost/Stolen Vintage Fishing Lures

Lost/Stolen Vintage Fishing Lures

I purchased these lures from ausfish member gros21 back in december 2010 after he responded to a wanted ad I placed here and paid for them via paypal (including additional funds for delivery by registered post.) Unfortunately the lures I had paid for never arrived.

The paypal payment was promptly claimed by gros21, plus I sent some additional fishing lures to his Rockhampton address as the other part of my side of the deal.

I have not heard back from Gros (Mathew) since he received the funds, and have attempted to contact him by phone, email, and private message to obtain the registered parcel number so that the registered item could be traced at Australia Post, and if need be a claim lodged for the insurance on the items.

If you know how I might contact gros21 (Matthew) or have seen these lures I'd be gratefull to hear from you.

Thanks
    Tony

Re: Lost/Stolen Vintage Fishing Lures

Have you contacted Paypal and raised a payment dispute?? The good part about paypal is they will cover the loss of your money if no goods arrive.

Cheers Lee

Gday Lee,

I most certainly have, although the process takes time and paypal are waiting on a response from the seller before making a decision. (going on experience they might be waiting a while)

It's possible that I might be reimbursed the funds from paypal, although there still remains the 15 New in packet Barramundi Lures (aussie lures, not cheap chinese crap) that I sent to the seller as part of the deal. hmmm with any luck I might run into the fella at a dam somewhere...

I figured I'd post the details up here to give the bloke a final chance to respond in the event that there is a legitimate reason. if no response from this, next stop will be to lodge a complaint with the QLD Police online fraud task force.
    Cheers,
    Tony

Small Claims Tribunal , get his full name and address from Ausfish.. go to courthouse and fill out the forms.
    Good luck
    randell

Paypal will only wait so long (14 days if I remember) and then refund your money but that will not get your lures back.

Do you know any knee breakers in Rocky as you have his address??
    Or small claims as you have his name and address from when you sent the lures.
    I also notice he has not been active on this site for a month.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Gday Guys

Will look a SCT as another option (am familiar with their procedures as I had to use them a couple of times to deal with naughty tenants when we had a rental property)

Don't know any kneebreakers up that way Scott, although might be heading north for a fish soon, might pay a visit and say Gday!
    Cheers,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Don't know any kneebreakers up that way Scott, although might be heading north for a fish soon, might pay a visit and say Gday!
    That's the way. See the whites of his eyeballs and then into him
    I wired up a cinema years ago and they didn't pay.
    I started to get cranky and I told them I was going to start taking gear out starting with the switchboard. They said they'd do anything to get me some money to stop that.
    The next day I fronted with the car wrecker man and told them to sign their car over.
    The wrecker was going to give them $1500 for a 2 year old Fairlane.
    They paid me in full the next day
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good