Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somerset Redclaw on Fire

Re: Somerset Redclaw on Fire

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Mr Squiggles,

I know where your coming from mate.

I have a sip which allows me to fish any freshwater lake, dam thats in its jurisdiction.

Wivenhoe Dam's Billies Landing and Hays Point is a sore point with me. How can a public utilility be leased or sold to a the Brisbane Valley Sailing Club or who ever controls it requires a person to become a member, attend one or two of its meetings at the organisations place for meeting.

All this for a a one off joing fee then an annual membership fee to obtain a key that you may only fish that area maybe a few times a year as supposed to someone that is hardcore.

This sailiing club does not restock the area and therefore why should people have to depart with hard earned dollars to use a spot to an organisation that caters for sailing club. I have no interest in sailing. I'm a powerboat person, I like to get myself out of trouble quicker when I can see a problem brewing in the wind.
    then I guess you would not want to be on Wivenhoe then at all...no powerboats permitted.

why shouldn't other clubs that pay for a lease only allow access to their members..I have no problem with that.

I doubt SEQ would clean their lease..I know one place I was a member of up there had to clean, mow and pay for the dunnies to be emptied themselves.

Ray,

I dont know why the excessive fees though for some parts. One would think they would reduce the price of entry to those who are not involved with the club's competitions, sports or regular meetings i.e. for those directly involved with the organisation.

I think myself its another way of private organisations to charge like a wounded bull, bit like monopoly.

Cheers, Peter
    whats a pot of beer or a stubbie now thats excessive, this is my 3rd year with PRFMA and Ive only had a chance to fish in the monopoly area once($200 worth) , bloody best cleanest I have come across 30litres of redclaw in 2 hours (4pots) cant wait for the water to clear I reckon the fishing will be mind blowing, no idiots (of note) no gasoline jockeys to upset your day, close of more areas for private management if thats whats needed to keep out the clowns who spoil all the good spots for everyone

Results for 4 people at NPD yesterday 6am till midday. esky is 80l buckets are 30l.
    Permits are now avail on PRFMA website.
    CHeers
    Ray

hi pete ,
    took my son & his cousin for a boys weekend up at wivenhoe camping & we tried out the pots,not a redclaw to be caught in our pots ( 8 x ) off the bank using potato & sweet potato during the day but we were lucky enough to land a grand total of 17 overnight last night kids had a ball pulling the pots in and throwing them out .all bar 1 were quite small but never the less we boiled them up & quite enjoyed them . Camped at Captain Logan fro the first time as well & gee it was nice.after seeing what rayken and everybody else catches up at npd I am still going to give it a go up there.
    cheers
    shubeej

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    then I guess you would not want to be on Wivenhoe then at all...no powerboats permitted.

why shouldn't other clubs that pay for a lease only allow access to their members..I have no problem with that.

I doubt SEQ would clean their lease..I know one place I was a member of up there had to clean, mow and pay for the dunnies to be emptied themselves.
    Pinhead, you dont say hey, I already know that mate.

Yeah SEQ does have people designated to clean their areas, you and I probably dont see them and as you would know, there are people who are just plain lazy and could not give a shit and just chuck their stuff, beer, wrappers or whatever on the ground.

Go to a Woollies car park or other shopping centres and you will also find lazy people just place shopping trolleys anywhere instead of doing the right thing and place the trolley in its holding bay...If you have not seen that happen then you must have blinkers on.

Go Queensland...flogged NSW again

Pinhead, you dont say hey, I already know that mate.

Yeah SEQ does have people designated to clean their areas, you and I probably dont see them and as you would know, there are people who are just plain lazy and could not give a shit and just chuck their stuff, beer, wrappers or whatever on the ground.

Go to a Woollies car park or other shopping centres and you will also find lazy people just place shopping trolleys anywhere instead of doing the right thing and place the trolley in its holding bay...If you have not seen that happen then you must have blinkers on.

Go Queensland...flogged NSW again
    haha..on the rare occassion I frequent a shopping centre i leave it where I have finished with it...but I am a lazy bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    haha..on the rare occassion I frequent a shopping centre i leave it where I have finished with it...but I am a lazy bugger.
    NSW got flogged again...Go Queenslander

Hi all,

I'm sure I read somewhere that redclaw are considered to be a noxious pest in SEQ.

Is that right??? If so, that would mean it is illegal to return any of them to the water. Correct???

Again, if so, could they be used as bait in saltwater, where (I assume) they would not survive even if they 'escaped'???

Sorry for all the questions (and assumptions) - I just always entertained the thought of them being a good 'live' bait on the reef (for example) given they are much easier to keep alive than saltwater critters.

Cheers,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzawookooka View Post
    Hi all,

I'm sure I read somewhere that redclaw are considered to be a noxious pest in SEQ.

Is that right??? If so, that would mean it is illegal to return any of them to the water. Correct???

Again, if so, could they be used as bait in saltwater, where (I assume) they would not survive even if they 'escaped'???

Sorry for all the questions (and assumptions) - I just always entertained the thought of them being a good 'live' bait on the reef (for example) given they are much easier to keep alive than saltwater critters.

Cheers,

Steve
    Yeah, they are a pest in SEQ but not in North Queensland as it's their natural range and bag limits apply....down in SEQ different scenario. I would not know how they would go as live bait in saltwater....I would assume they will die being emersed in seawater.

they are an excellent bait offshore, no, they dont stay alive long, but they are just as good as a dead bait as well. We got tipped off on it when up north with the locals, and have tried for ourselves off the Sunshine coast, and definately worth the efforts