Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: your favourite mackrel lure

Re: your favourite mackrel lure

Halco Laser Pro for me, white body red head. Also use a barra spoon on a hand line I troll with that works well on doggies

Mike

live bonito with a stinger rig..........
    I am not an Angler I am an Athlete of the sea.............<><

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Another vote for the Laser Pro for Spaniards... although the Williamson Live Ribbonfish is certainly growing on me. You need Mend-It soft plastic glue to fix the tears, but in the long run it still works out cheaper than buying wolf herring.
    I've often looked at them and shook my head thinking one hit and there goes $20. (Mind you a $9 wolffie only lasts one hit too) So you can repair them hey? Where do you get the glue and do you think they are as good as a Wolffie? Might give them a go in a couple of months.

Oh and Lazer Pro 2.5m has caught me more macks than anything else- love the ballyhoo/blue mackeral colour. Not keen on the 7m models- dont like to hold in at above 6knots. Bluewater classics are also good.

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    I've often looked at them and shook my head thinking one hit and there goes $20. (Mind you a $9 wolffie only lasts one hit too) So you can repair them hey? Where do you get the glue and do you think they are as good as a Wolffie? Might give them a go in a couple of months.
    The glue is called Mend-It, you can get it from BCF. If you go to www.searingtackle.com.au there's a video on how to use it. A word of warning: it doesn't work on non-plastic biobaits like Gulps or super-stretch CyberFlexxx plastics like SnapBacks.

I haven't been using the Ribbonfish long enough to compare their catch rate to wolfies. Like I said, they're not my favourite Spaniard lure yet but they're growing on me! I'll need more testing to be sure.
    Yeah, some women actually know a thing or two about fishing. Who knew?
    http://alchemyfishing.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

Halco spoons 5in & 3in also like the kimberly spoon if i ever see em I buy the lot, they have some awsum shimmer when trolling slow.

Rig em with a bean ( a big bean) in a pink skirt ahead of the spoon to get some depth.

BigE