Thread: borumba

borumba bonus pics

made a plan to hit up borumba on sunday morn with my mate sammy, so at 10 pm sat night we had the tinni on and set off with hi hopes of toga and bass.
    we got there by 11pm and had a few cast from the ramp then decided to have a kip till the morn so come 4.30 the alarms ring out and we get the tinni wet, first on the water alllllll righttttt.
    its then we realise that we forgot the fricken torch arrr so in pitch black we plane up the dam till we got to all the sticks then slowly made our way through the maze of trees. its then we see the first of the boats trying to catch up so the race was on. we soon lost sight of the on coming boats and pulled up a few corners away from our first bank and sat for a wile waiting for the sun to rise enough so we could see what we were casting at. i lobbed a popper out in to the darkness to pass the time.
    a few cast later pop pop pop walk walk CRUNCH holy crap im on and after a little rod work a nice bassy is netted, oooo yer on the board, its then we realise we forgot the cam as well and it was too dark for my phone to pic anything up grrrr.
    had a few more casts then the light just started poking through the hills and we make a b line for the first bank.
    we get there (only 50m form our toga honey hole) and brrrrrrrrr we hear the sound of other boat coming in fast so we start casting and working the crap out of the bank and second cast in BANG a another bass takes a liking to my popper.
    i get him back in then that boat comes flying around the corner, he takes a look at us and scolds then pull up not even 30 meters away on our bank and starts smashing our toga hole, talk about cutting someone's grass, buy now sammy and i are furious as we waited all night to hit this one spot only to have it stolen by some inconsiderate prick.
    a few words were expressed but all was forgotten when the water were my popper was, exploded and a large black critter took to the air and come slaping down hard on the surface, please be a toga, i thought as line pulled from my new certate . i continued to play the fish out and it leaped again a few times, and still we could not make out what it was, as it was still pretty dark and the fish stayed deep for most of the fight.
    then we finaly got a proper look, yeeewwwwoooo its Jurassic and sammy slipped the net under her and the yahooing starts.
    i tried desperately to get a pic on my phone but it was to dark and im feeling pretty silly for forgetting my cam any way she went 75cm and was solid as and a new pb for me and i was trippen balls at what had just happened.
    i slipped her back in then KASPLAASH another toga smashes the surface behind us and sam is super quick to get a cast in.
    a few rolls of his jackle BANG, NUGGS IM ON, and another large toga starts going ape shit on the surface.
    a few seconds later and DROP NOOOOOOOOO, and sammy is hart broken. it was a rippa to but at least he got the best part out of him before the hook pulled.
    we then worked up another 20m till we were nearly on top of the punk that stole our spot but he was covering our toga hole to much to get a cast in so we moved to another bank and started too give the bass a royal ass woopin with me still using surface and sammy slaying with his lucky spinnerbait and lucky tn.
    by the time we just about reached the end of the run we had already lost count of how many bass we got, and the surface bite started to die off so i swapped to a spinnerbait and nailed another bass on it then sam spots some movement under a lilly.
    he cast in and role role role BANG ZZZZZZ and sams on for his second toga hook up for the day, a few mins later and a nice little 55cm slips in the net and he is one happy camper.
    i continued using the spinnerbait for a while and smacked a few more bass but was not getting enough reaction from my one so i had a good long think about what to use and had a geezer in my box spotted a nice looking lipless crank bait that had been sitting in there unused for the last 2 years and id been itching to try one out the bass (as they kick ass on the barra).
    i tried it on as we motored over to the next bank and hay hay there is our grass cutter working our next bank with his long wand so we hit him up to see if he had got anything form our toga hole and he rudely grunted that he got 2 toga , hehe it was time for a bit of pay back and we drop in 30m ahead of the douche and second cast in and BANG my vibe gets hammered and another bass enters the nets, mr grass cutter get shits and moves on to the trees in the middle of the of the dam and watched as he gave us daggers as we got bass after bass haha karmas a bitch hay haha.
    then the edge bite stated to die off by the time we got to the end of that run so we moved around a heap but could only manage a few more bass before the sun got the better of us, so we pack it in and left borumba.
    on the way home we stopped at one of our sneaky bass spots and i started rolling a silent tn50 around WAAACK shit im on, another toga takes to the air soon after i have a 55cm on the bank and then my phone go's flat trying to take the shot arrrr god dam it. i chuck him back in and sam says hay nuggs watch this and casts his sammy right up under some awesome looking over hang and after a few walks KABBBBBOOOOOOOMMM, a ripper toga slams his dog and battles its way to the bank and now sam and i are feeling pretty satisfied, it went 65cm and we chuck it in to go home for some much needed rest. sorry to waffle on but it was an epic day and i will try and get the pic of my phone asap. tight lines
    Last edited by nuggstar; 22-03-2011 at 04:14 AM. Reason: add pics
    figjam :wink:

Re: borumba

Sounds like a pretty good day trip , aside from your mate & leaving the torch / phone at home Borumba at its best by the sounds of it

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Funny how the grascutters don't like it when their grass get's cut eh!!
    Sounds like a great days fishing and well told. Nothing like Borumba when it fires.

Bad_Bazza

you'd think other fellow boaties would display a little more common courtesy, if you are in the cutting into the drift line or within casting distance then you are too close!

good stuff on the togas though, will be heading up for the virgin trip in may and dead keen to get into some surface action.

Nice work mate.

I have to get back up there asap I think.

Cheers

Lee