Thread: High speed spinning

High speed spinning

Hi all,
    Whats spin reel has a high retrieve ratio?? I love the serfsce action but im busting my butt off trying to get the lure skipping acceoss the surface... I got a Okuma 850 V system reel witch is 6.3:1 ( good) but my smaller reels are max 5.2:1.... whats out there under the $400 mark??

cheers BD

Re: High speed spinning

look at the 4500h or the 6500h saltist mate think the are around the 6.3-1 also
    cheers rosco

Quote Originally Posted by bigdonk View Post
    Hi all,
    Whats spin reel has a high retrieve ratio?? I love the serfsce action but im busting my butt off trying to get the lure skipping acceoss the surface... I got a Okuma 850 V system reel witch is 6.3:1 ( good) but my smaller reels are max 5.2:1.... whats out there under the $400 mark??

cheers BD
    Daiwa Emblem Pro 550, retrieve rate 1.2m per crank !
    There is a faster reel, but you have to work harder than the emblem !
    Its a big casting egg beater as well ....

Mark

http://tackleware.cart.net.au/details/2647302.html
    Last edited by Mark-P; 14-03-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Just ading to post

Another one to look at is the Okuma Salina II SASII-10000, 6.2:1 retrieve 20 kg drag and they come with a lifetime warranty. you can get them online for around the $300.00 mark.. Yes it aint a daiwa or shimano but you do get a logt of bang for your buck and it has a bloody good warranty so if a bull dog GT pulls it inside out send it back and get it fixed at no cost
    "Live Life"