Thread: spin stick and reel

spin stick and reel

looking for a spin stick and reel for chasing mackeral and tuna in the bay with chrome slugs.i am a bit of a shimano fan so that is what i will probably purchase.

Re: spin stick and reel

mate i use a tcurve 5-10kg saltwater spin with a stella 4000 not syre what your budget is if you have one may help us help you

I would second byron's recommendations. That is a 5-10KG stick and a size 4000 shimano reel. The rod should be at least 7 foot long, if not 8ft for longer casting. Make it a fast action also as you dont need to be too delicate throwing slugs. The reel should be fast speed ideally 6 to 1 ratio.

If your budget cant stretch to stella and t-curve, just move down the order keeping the above specs until you hit budget.

Unless specializing in large Longtails follow the above advice. A 4000 -5000 sized Stradic or Saros matched to a T Curve 5-10, T Curve Revolution 702 SW Spin or a Starlo Stix Tournament (Maxspin 7' or SW Spin at 8'. You cam start moving up in budger from those options but it won't put any more fish in the boat
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Unless specializing in large Longtails follow the above advice. A 4000 -5000 sized Stradic or Saros matched to a T Curve 5-10, T Curve Revolution 702 SW Spin or a Starlo Stix Tournament (Maxspin 7' or SW Spin at 8'. You cam start moving up in budger from those options but it won't put any more fish in the boat
    ended up with a 5-8 tcurve and 5000 stradic thanks every one

Nice choice. Lets hope you put a bend in it soon
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"