Thread: Tying wire to mainline?

Tying wire to mainline?

Can't seem to find any information about connecting the mainline to a wire trace for mackerel. Made up a few live bait rigs and putting a few bits of wire on lures. Wondering what is used to fix the wire to the mainline? Swivel ? Loop in the wire?

Silly question im sure but an answer would be great thanks.

Cheers

Brogsy

Re: Tying wire to mainline?

Main line to swivel first then tie the wire to the swivel. My way of doing it.

I use a small swivel or a small solid ring. I have seen guys using plastic coated multistrand and tying an Albright as the connection. I believe Harro mentioned a way of bending singlestrand wire then tying a snood like knot.
    The other option is to use something like Tyger wire and just tie it on as a normal leader
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Unfortunately I have learnt the hard way about snelling mono to wire. If you go that way you must bend the last wee bit of the wire into a right angle else you will have a wire / mono pressure point and you will loose fish.

Cheers, thanks for the help. Thought that a swivel would be what I needed, wasn't sure though cause I have heard people talking about mackerel going for bubble trails. Thanks
    Brogsy

Make sure to use small black swivels as they'll take a swipe at the brass/chrome ones.