Thread: LBG with eggbeater

LBG with eggbeater

hey guys i brought myself a wilson live fibre 8ft 15-24kg spin rod i wanna buy a eggbeater for it so i can use it for LBG.. at the moment i have a 15-24 stick and a LRSA TLD50 with 50lb Ande on it.. i love over heads but i wanna try some thing new.. any help would be great thanks guys and also mono or braid....

Re: LBG with eggbeater

mate i recon a saltist 6500h or even a penn spinfisher 850 or 950 i have had all 3 reels on a livefibre 15-24 8ft rod and all worked well...i ran 50lb braid on the spinfishers and 30lb braid on the saltist...in my opinion the saltist is the best reel out of the 3 i have tried
    cheers rosco
    Last edited by rosco1974; 11-03-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: more info

thanks mate
    i have been looking at the saltist they r very strong i wanna use it for live baiting kings
    what did u use it for

Go the Shimano Stella 18000. Stops big GT's in their tracks

use it for everything mate..bottom bashing livebaiting and throwing slugs although it is now on a 10-15kg t-curve but worked well on the livefibre

i would look at a saragosa 18000 mate will hold alot more line than the saltist which to is a great reel but those longies can take a heck of a run and u dont wanna be short

Quote Originally Posted by byron_moses View Post
    i would look at a saragosa 18000 mate will hold alot more line than the saltist which to is a great reel but those longies can take a heck of a run and u dont wanna be short
    How much more are we talking about?

think its around extra 80m mate doesnt sound much but it helps

Quote Originally Posted by byron_moses View Post
    think its around extra 80m mate doesnt sound much but it helps
    I think if you look at the specs its bugger all difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MackerelMan View Post
    I think if you look at the specs its bugger all difference.
    ok mate specs for saragosa are in mono i just worked out in my head sorry oh great one