View Poll Results: Will you be seeking a boating access permit from the PRFMA for NPD this year

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 36.84%
  • Maybe

9 23.68%
  • No

15 39.47%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boating Access Permit - North Pine Dam

Boating Access Permit - North Pine Dam

Hi, just wondering how many ausfish people will be seeking a Boating access permit from the Pine Rivers Fish Management Authority for North Pine Dam this time? 400 boats are allowed.

Re: Boating Access Permit - North Pine Dam

absolutly! the redclaw makes all worth while

nope...had it year before last..not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    nope...had it year before last..not worth it.
    really, must admit it is a bit steep the $100 fee to go, say, a handful of times a year which is all i could muster with other commitments (kids and work) and saltwater fishing interests. plus you need to have a SIPs permit now too.

I'll go again as the short travel time from my place makes it a much better proposition than say Somerset.

And, I don't mind a feed of redclaw!!

Luc

Definatly for the redclaw and when the bass come back on the chew when the weather cools down. It is a superb winter fishery. Hope to better my best score of 130 bass in 3 hours with a mate last year.
    The fee is bugger all for what you get. Max number of permits is set so no crowding,no ramp rage, and being leccy only no ski lice or power boats.
    The fees also go back into stocking and not into SEQ waters coffers like Somerset/Wivenhoe.
    It is only a few bucks more than Somerset/Wivenhoe permit and you need a sip there also and doesnt have the plague numbers of forkies like wivenhoe.
    Cheers
    Ray

I would as it is only 10 minutes from home . However I am buggered if I am going to take my 40 4 stroke off my SC every time I go there. I perfectly understand and aggree with the rule of leccy's only , I just fail to see the justification of not having an outboard on the boat whatsoever . It has been a while , however the lst time I was down at Hinze, I thought that you just had to have your outboard out of the water.(I stand to be corrected).Would not a viable rule be that at NPD you are not allowed to have any fuel tanks on board.
    Just a thought.
    Shawn.
    PS Pinhead,
    In what way did you not think it worth it?

Rules were made by Pine Rivers Council when they had control of the dam and carried over to SEQ water.
    I believe that tSEQ water are still taking submissions on recreational use of their dams. Why not put in a submission ?
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Freshwater Tragic View Post
    I would as it is only 10 minutes from home . However I am buggered if I am going to take my 40 4 stroke off my SC every time I go there. I perfectly understand and aggree with the rule of leccy's only , I just fail to see the justification of not having an outboard on the boat whatsoever . It has been a while , however the lst time I was down at Hinze, I thought that you just had to have your outboard out of the water.(I stand to be corrected).Would not a viable rule be that at NPD you are not allowed to have any fuel tanks on board.
    Just a thought.
    Shawn.
    PS Pinhead,
    In what way did you not think it worth it
    ?
    it is only about 20 minutes from home..only managed to get there twice during that year ..so due to time constraints it is not worth it for me.

Cool Re: Boating Access Permit - North Pine Dam

Guys I am up for another one
    somerset is about 100 per year plus 50 bucks of fuel every trip north pine costs 100 =30c per day and no where near the fuel to get there or use whilst there
    Some people complain about open times Again similar to somerset How much do the park charge these days just to get in and god help you if you want to leave at 630 without paying for a nights camping Last time I went there they tried it on have t been back since
    I managed fish every trip to north pine this season although the weather has made fishing interesting to say the least
    Redlcaw are prolific and worth the trip alone
    No xxxxwits in ski boats or my latest gripe wakeboats is a real bonus
    It would have to be the safest boat ramp in Brisbane to leave your vehicle as only permit holders have access
    The lake is full and settling down nicely should be great shortly
    in short I can not think of a good excuse not to get one again IT'S ALL GOOD
    And all fees gathered go into stocking not profits
    The stocking group PRFMA have raised about 85000 dollars worth of fish so far from this over the last ten years it has been run for. All funds apart from( keys stickers and consumables) are used for stocking as PRFMA are a non profit group of volunteers
    There are a few rules again I have no issue with any

Thumbs up Re: Boating Access Permit - North Pine Dam

Permits go out for renewal 3rd april online on the prfma website
    1st in best dressed
    As usual 400 permits only this year
    Also junior permits for supervised minors on there own craft

www.prfma.com.au for all info and permits

Good luck Get in earley on the 3rd april

For those of you who may be interested in obtaining a permit for the new season here are the details.
    Lake Samsonvale 2011/12 Boating Access Scheme

The new season commences on the 3rd May 2011 and operates for a 12 month period and current Permit Holders must apply for a new Permit if they wish to participate in the 2011 / 2012 Boating Access Scheme

The Information Paper applicable to 2011 / 2012 Season is available now from our Website. www.prfma.com.au (Click on Boating Access Scheme located on the LHS of the Home Page)

On Line applications may be made from the 3rd April 2011.

Applications forms will be available online from 3rd April 2011 at the PRFMA website (www.prfma.com.au) or can be obtained by contacting the PRFMA at PO Box 131, Lawnton, QLD 4501, call 0417 742 023,or email permits@prfma.com.au

The boating access scheme allows the issue of a maximum of 400 permits, available to anyone aged 16 years and over. Permits for the 2011/12 season will soon be available at a cost $100, the same price as when the scheme was launched in 2001, and will operate from the 3th May 2011 until 2nd May 2012.

2011 / 2012 Permit holders are issued with a new key to access the site, a new permit card, and different craft identification stickers.

All holders are required to sign a Deed of Agreement with the PRFMA that sets out the conditions of access. While not onerous, these conditions ensure that anglers comply with the conditions imposed by Seqwater to maintain water quality and respect the rights of lease holders around the lake, as well as ensuring safety on the site. The Association also requires permit holders to fill out catch cards to collect data which assists with future stocking decisions.

Stocking of this impoundment is carried out by the Pine Rivers Fish Management Association (PRFMA), under a license agreement with the owners Seqwater. The major source of funding for the PRFMA to undertake its stocking program is the issue of boating access permits, and this program, along with SIPS funding, ensured the 2010 stocking was one of the best in recent years.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    For those of you who may be interested in obtaining a permit for the new season here are the details.
    Lake Samsonvale 2011/12 Boating Access Scheme

The new season commences on the 3rd May 2011 and operates for a 12 month period and current Permit Holders must apply for a new Permit if they wish to participate in the 2011 / 2012 Boating Access Scheme

The Information Paper applicable to 2011 / 2012 Season is available now from our Website. www.prfma.com.au (Click on Boating Access Scheme located on the LHS of the Home Page)

On Line applications may be made from the 3rd April 2011.

Applications forms will be available online from 3rd April 2011 at the PRFMA website (www.prfma.com.au) or can be obtained by contacting the PRFMA at PO Box 131, Lawnton, QLD 4501, call 0417 742 023,or email permits@prfma.com.au

The boating access scheme allows the issue of a maximum of 400 permits, available to anyone aged 16 years and over. Permits for the 2011/12 season will soon be available at a cost $100, the same price as when the scheme was launched in 2001, and will operate from the 3th May 2011 until 2nd May 2012.

2011 / 2012 Permit holders are issued with a new key to access the site, a new permit card, and different craft identification stickers.

All holders are required to sign a Deed of Agreement with the PRFMA that sets out the conditions of access. While not onerous, these conditions ensure that anglers comply with the conditions imposed by Seqwater to maintain water quality and respect the rights of lease holders around the lake, as well as ensuring safety on the site. The Association also requires permit holders to fill out catch cards to collect data which assists with future stocking decisions.

Stocking of this impoundment is carried out by the Pine Rivers Fish Management Association (PRFMA), under a license agreement with the owners Seqwater. The major source of funding for the PRFMA to undertake its stocking program is the issue of boating access permits, and this program, along with SIPS funding, ensured the 2010 stocking was one of the best in recent years.
    Cheers
    Ray
    thanks. Just wondering, do peoples water craft have to be inspected for safety compliance prior to access?

No inspection required.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    No inspection required.
    Cheers
    Ray
    you're still responsible for it being safe !normal boating rules apply.cheers alex