Thread: 70% GST on wahoo

70% GST on wahoo

Sunday morn I slipped out of bed early and woke the deckie and the youngster changed his mind about going fishing at 3am, Unperturbed I grabed the gear and headed off needed to get some fuel so stoped at the service center on the hiway and found that you need to sell a kidney to come up with the coin to pay for fuel in that part of town. Arrived at Moololaba at 4.45am and slipped the boat and away. I have not fished this area much and headed out to a mark for the 12mile which was not much good as I could not find any reefy looking bottom. So I headed across a clean ocean to Wide Caloundra acording to my maps and dropped a couple of lures out the back and trolled around checking out the bottom structure. After about half an hour the TLD started singing that song we all live for ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, I knocked the boat back to a slow idle and cranked the other line in out of the way the whole time watching braid scream from the overhead. I poped the motor back to idle and and lifted the rod from the holder, as soon as I steped the drag up I knew that fish was big and as the rod but bit into my groin I wanted my gimbil belt . I started to put some hurt on the fish and preayed that the hooks, knots and all the other weak links would hold I managed to turn the fish around and was making good ground back and then came the I am not going near that boat run ZZZZZZZZZZZZ then a bloody shark hit the fish I managed to get about one third of the Wahoo in to the boat.

Re: 70% GST on wahoo

Bloody rude! sounds like fishing up here still I have caught 100% more Wahoo down your way than up here so far, so even a taxed one would be welcome

great report, await the rebait

That's a terrible waste to the taxman

I wish you better luck next time

Cheers
    Chris

Bad luck ,that would have been a good wahoo.cheers.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

At least you got your lure back and I guess there is enough there for a couple of feeds.

I'm hangin to get back outside and tell a good story like yours, thats what it;s all about. , lately ya gotta be really sneaky to get outside and then not being allowed to take snapper and the rest, it lets you down,,

looks like the shark thought it was a no take for the man in the boat

saves havin to bleed it . gotta look at the bright side. ha ha

Yeh and there was no need to gut it either and no big teeth going wild on the deck lol