Thread: cast net

cast net

been ages since I last had a go at throwing a cast net, mind you i was never much good at it anyway, but now stuffed if I can get a good spread from it. I tried for about an hour this arvo and decidied to come inside before I hurt something or someone, very frustrating when you cant remember how to hold it. Does any one have any tips/pointers as to how to gather/hold the net before throwing, cheers Steve. ps it is only a cheap bait shop one thats been in its storage bucket for at least 6 to 7 years, but the same method would be used for most nets wouldnt it ?

Re: cast net

[quote=stevel3;1256634]been ages since I last had a go at throwing a cast net, mind you i was never much good at it anyway, but now stuffed if I can get a good spread from it. I tried for about an hour this arvo and decidied to come inside before I hurt something or someone, very frustrating when you cant remember how to hold it. Does any one have any tips/pointers as to how to gather/hold the net before throwing, cheers Steve. ps it is only a cheap bait shop one thats been in its storage bucket for at least 6 to 7 years, but the same method would be used for most nets wouldnt it ?[/quote
    G'Day Bud
    Have a look at this
    www.ausfish.com.au/castnet
    Shawn

cheers thanks for the link, I will have another go tomorrow morning before I head out, Steve.

have a go in a pool if you have one or a mates . it is handy to see what the net is doing under the water as well . even though this is more important for a drawstring net
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Steve, can you remember if you used the over the shoulder method or not?

If you are on the southside I am happy to help out with the other technique which is not over the shoulder.

Scalem

thanks Scalem, I am on the s/side just out from Beenleigh. I have had quite a few looks at the links above and am going to give it a try, if I do no good I would gladly take you up on your offer, cheers Steve.

Might work out well for you mate, you are 10 mins down the M1 from me at Loganholme

Scalem