Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LandCruiser Ute, why no 4 door?

Re: LandCruiser Ute, why no 4 door?

Finally.... it's about bloody time!

If this eventuates, it's going to be interesting to see how they sell despite whatever price Toyota demands for them.

I personally reckon demand will be pretty high.

Cheers,
    Roo.

You little beauty!. While I would personally have preferred a 200 series version knowing how much toyota will want to sting us for them but this will work for me. Saving the pennies for the end of the year.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

My 76 series wagon was about to be booked in for the chop....perfect timing they were booked out till october anyway.

Just saw this.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/184761/t...cab-confirmed/

It is getting closer!

Cheers,
    Roo.

Been looking forward to seeing these as a possible replacement for my 100 series.

The rear doors being cut away for the non existant wheel clearance is tacky. Whilst it's ok when the aftermarket mobs do conversions, it doesn't set off a good look for a full factory job.

The wheelbase needs to be a bit longer to have the axles more under the centre of the tray as well. As it is near the whole tray is hanging out behind the axle.

Bit of a let down really and doesn't look like a proper job by Toyota at all.

Have they come up with a wider rear diff housing to match the front track yet ?
    I'm right 98% of the time - who cares about the other 3%

Wonder what the tow capacity will be with the axel forward like it is and the tow point looks well under the tray?

That extended chassis with a single cab body on it would be a useful sized tray ?

Dicko the upside I can see for the wheel fill in is that it will take standard doors so cheaper off the shelf / wreckers parts in the future in a accident.

Axel forward will give reasonable clearances ( ramp over) as the further back it is the chance of getting beached increase. I think the owners manual will have a loadmaster diagram saying just how much of the 1 ton capacity can be on the rear 2 foot of that tray unless that is one strong chassis.

Please everyone buy em do heaps of highway km in em and sort any issues as in 18 months time I want a 2nd hand one with a couple of hundred on the clock and throw the tray top camper on and do a lap.

I am not sure the non-mining sector of the market would buy one of these now. I certainly won't be unless they drop their prices considerably.

Why would the average joe pay 70+++K for one of these when they could have a much better finished product in the new ford ranger or holden Colorado for much less $$$ and has a competitive tow capacity to one of these.

Before anyone mentions resale value, how long is that going to last? Ford and Chev has raised the bar to and beyond the Landcruiser and are managing to do it at a much cheaper price. Why would you buy a second hand LC dual cab when for the same price a new Ranger could be had?

Again toyota are taking us for a ride and my prediction is the ass will fall out of the second hand toyota market forcing them to adjust.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

The answer in the past would have been "what vehicle is up and running in 250000km" but these days the buy in price and 2nd hand values has played havoc with vehicle markets and time will tell if it is a good vehicle. It won't get the blokes who want a "pretty curved ute" market but there is a whole lot of industry who can use a dual cab and only want 1 vehicle type in their fleet. Tough market to satisfy and at a price and I don't think they will sell a lot in the citys for the school run if it has the usual suspension and seats . For me decision time in 18 months and see how they are doing and what thre real price on the street is. Going to be interesting to watch and see what real user reviews are like apart from the dead set toyota die hards

I wonder if it will kill the conversion market or spur it on?

Wonder why they bring out a dual cab and then you read that toyota are to phase out the 70 series in 5 years.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2012...0-series-31309
    NOW I,AM GUNNA EATCHA

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post

I wonder if it will kill the conversion market or spur it on?
    I doubt it would bother the conversion guys.

Personally what I want is

1/ Minimum of a big sized 6cyl.
    2/ Bit bigger and more robust than the current dual cabs on the market,
    3/ Decent sized tray to fit or build a slide on camper
    4/ Better ride quality and more creature comforts than a 70 series
    5/ Towing capacity in the 3000kg region.

I don't want to go as big as the yank imports, so that really leaves chopping up my 100 series, or possibly a 200 series.

What else out there am I overlooking to fit the bill ? (oh, and no land rovers please

I wonder what these are like; Iveco Turbo Daily in a dual cab 4wd???

http://www.earthcruiser.com.au/asset...single_cab.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    1/ Minimum of a big sized 6cyl.
    2/ Bit bigger and more robust than the current dual cabs on the market,
    3/ Decent sized tray to fit or build a slide on camper
    4/ Better ride quality and more creature comforts than a 70 series
    5/ Towing capacity in the 3000kg region.
    Well 4 out of 5 aint bad.
    Chopping a 100 will give you the same but if you want a TD then you'll probably end up at $65k ($50k + $15k for the chop) and that's with a 6 or 7 yr old vehicle. The 70 series dual-cab looks to be about the $65-70k region brand new. Probably has a better turning circle and more load capacity than a chopped+extended 100 series too. Not as comfortable, granted, and no auto option but I don't know if there's a better option out there if the current crop of dual-cabs does not cut the mustard.

I am the sales manager at a Toyota dealership and if anyone would like any info on the landcruiser double cab please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I wonder what these are like; Iveco Turbo Daily in a dual cab 4wd???

http://www.earthcruiser.com.au/asset...single_cab.pdf
    Interesting, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chisel View Post
    Well 4 out of 5 aint bad.
    Chopping a 100 will give you the same but if you want a TD then you'll probably end up at $65k ($50k + $15k for the chop) and that's with a 6 or 7 yr old vehicle. The 70 series dual-cab looks to be about the $65-70k region brand new. Probably has a better turning circle and more load capacity than a chopped+extended 100 series too. Not as comfortable, granted, and no auto option but I don't know if there's a better option out there if the current crop of dual-cabs does not cut the mustard.
    Yeah, the dollars involved make it questionable.

Just love my 100 series. Had it for years & now the kids have all but left the nest the need for a wagon is less so have been looking at options. A 70 series is a backward step in a lot of ways.