Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LandCruiser Ute, why no 4 door?

Re: LandCruiser Ute, why no 4 door?

Why don't they bring these over??
    Save a lot of hassles wouldn't it??

I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Thanks Alchemy, I recon they have a real market for them here. Plenty of people would love a winnie but want an offroad version and that fits the bill right there.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

What is that one finga?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachie1 View Post
    Like i said earlier - a cut down wagon.. For $70k those wagons are way to over priced for what they are IMO. Horrible to drive any distance and all the rest of that shit. Then add in a few grand for a conversion, never as good afterwards and the problems persist with conversions and you have what you want, but do you really gain anything? You can't do bugger all with the space in a tray that size and its weight limit would be bugger all

Be interesting to speak to whoever did the conversion and see how much demand is out there from their point of view...
    Way over priced......., spot on.We have a few of them at work and i cant think of one good reason for them.If you want a 5 seater then why not buy the troopie.The rear seats in the twin cabs have absolutely no leg room therefore they only get used like a single cab anyway.We get all sorts of converted cruisers here at work from the current model cut down wagons to the previous model cut down wagon to single cab 100 series utes to dual cab 100 series utes and the trend is all the same no leg room in the rear and no tray space.(with exception of the single cab 100 series).
    Another problem with the current cut down troopies is they only have single fuel tanks.I'm not actually sure where we get ours from or if they are actually a cut down troopie but the dash boards in them are slightly different including the instrument cluster as they only have one fuel gauge compared to the troopies with two.The seats are also totally different in the twin cab utes.

I'm guessing single tank/single guage is a cut down 76 wagon - they dipped out on the extra tank.
    The grey ute is a tundra (?). There's a mob in Sydney bringing them in and rhd converting them but they end up the wrong side of $100k second hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    What is that one finga?
    Tundra.
    Have a look here and have a spew.
    As mentioned they're over $100,000 here but in the states new from $30,000 for the 4 door.
    http://www.toyota.com/tundra/trims-prices.html

It would make it a lot easier if Toyota brought them in.
    Also makes sense to have a 2 wheel drive version too as not every one needs a 4 wheel drive.
    People like me just needed a big 2 wheel drive ute.

Have a look at the list of options they have from motors to suspension options.
    The American Toyota's leave the Australian's for dead.

One big downfall is they dont have the tundra available in a diesel. Put the 200LC turbo diesel in them and sell them here for 80k and they are on a real winner. That will never happen, Toyota has been taking us for a ride for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    One big downfall is they dont have the tundra available in a diesel. Put the 200LC turbo diesel in them and sell them here for 80k and they are on a real winner. That will never happen, Toyota has been taking us for a ride for years.
    They are screwing everyone

Talk to the US Toyota owners and they were always jealous of our twincab and diesel Hiluxes

The US got the 4Runner in the 40 series where we didn't get it til the 60 series(Hilixes not cruisers), They still get the 4Runner and in 2WD or 4WD

SWB Prado has been around since the 1970s, we only got them in the mid 80s(Bundera) and with this new model
    Same as the MWB cruisers we only got them in the mid 80s

and the list goes on
    If You Can't Run With The Dogs....... Stay On The Porch

seriously, it is what they think our market will support.
    There are heaps of models and option in every brand that we do not see here.

Toyota can sell all the hiluxes and RAVS and tropopies and 70 series utes and 200 series that can fit on ships....in almost every group toyota have a product in they dominate the market.

I serioulsy doubt that there would be a big market for a heavy 4wd in a dual cab...remember it will still have no rear leg room and a useless pissy tray.

You will also note that there is very little that toyota import that has a direct apples for apples competitor.

Nissan may be close but thay are on the decline.

The real competitor on the heavy dual cab ute market is the F 350 , and to a lesser extent the big dodge/chevy.
    They are still a pasenger car licence but they are a much bigger truck and they have the highest tow rating in that style.

Toyota have nothing to touch the above.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

Some US prices for the f650... now bring them in and the Toyo Tundra to give us some options...

yeah....or we could just go buy a Kenworth....fark me they are big trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott nthQld View Post
    yeah....or we could just go buy a Kenworth....fark me they are big trucks
    My mates ute and my next big project
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think going on the F truck sales a few years back a similar sized ute would sell as long as the prices were competitive . Ive owned an f150, a 2 door petrol chev a super cab diesel chev and 2 4 door chevs/ GMC . Rediculously overpriced but i keep trading up which allows me to do it . I tow over 4 tonne and carry 4 passengers from goldy to bris daily . They drive like a car but being 6 meters long reversing over garden beds is the best parking option .
    It is the holiday vehicle ,boat towing, and is optioned above what any tradie could want . If they could bring a truck over (single wheel not dually as they only give more load capacity not tow capacity and are worse to park ) with an 8 foot tray ,i reckon they would sell , i'd buy one anyway
    Craig

Spoke to toyota dealer friday and they said dual cab 70 series landcruiser ute will be in australia around october 2012....did a search on the web and confirmed...no specs available that i could find