Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tackle Whore's Anonymous

Exclamation Tackle Whore's Anonymous

Hello chaps.
    I realise some of you may have a problem that can be as addictive as any drug or grog or playing the one armed bandits.
    I am referring to you poor buggers addicted to purchasing tackle.

I see Mike Aigutso has finally taken the second (and hardest) step to his rehabilitation and put some tackle up for sale.
    It looks like the visits to TWA (Tackle Whore's Anonymous) has helped him immensely in his road to recovery.
    I wish to congratulate him on taking this second big step. (The first step is admittance of his addiction)

But a serious question needs to be asked. How are the tackle shops going to make an honest dollar now Mike is seeking help??...especially Fish-Heads??

All the best on your road to recovery Mike.
    Cheers Scott
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Re: Tackle Whore's Anonymous

where is it for sale? I tried looking, I am in need of tackle and am happy to help him out!
    Living the dream, Barry

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/vbc...?do=ad&id=3561

At least you know it is as good as new and quite possibly never been wet.

I was thinking of the TSS4 but that would put me into the same category as Mike.

I reckon TOL might even have a heart murmur when he reads the ad
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I admit there where more rods and reels i was going put up, but baulked.

I didnt even contemplate the Alveys though
    Tangles KFC

I must admit my heart skipped a beat or two when I read the classifieds and saw that Mike was offloading a minute fraction of his stock.

Then I thought about the traffic jams at Vic Point and shuddered.

Then I thought about the TSS4 he's got for sale.

Then I thought what would I do with 2 of them? Twice as much as what I currently do with 1 of them?

The blokes at Fishhead will be in tears.

TOL

What !? No 1000lb braid or D shackles for sale !

Nearly choked while reading this thread, im pissing myself. Mike is must be tough parting with some of that gear. Got some good buys there, but do I really need any more gear....yes I do
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Oi, thats 500lb and its already spooled

Bruce, it has been very painful,

I am still coming to terms with it all, its going to be hard when someone wants a rod i really like and i have to make the final decision to hand it over.

being rational with tackle didnt go together in the same sentence for me.....I admit I did go quite nuts recently with multiple new outfits purchased, trays of Barra lures (never been barra fishing) trays of more Cod lures ( cant do that either now), shiny jigs, dont ask,

Now a proud member of TWA, and WWF, one rod and fish at a time.
    Tangles KFC

he is not selling because of any admittance to any addiction. he is just selling for 2 reasons:
    1. They are blocking the front door so they need to go so he can get inside to cuddlethe rest of the stock.
    2. These are being sold cos there are newer and shinier models out now.

No need to admit to addiction Mike..just go with the flow...You won't sell these cos you never answer your mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    he is not selling because of any admittance to any addiction. he is just selling for 2 reasons:
    1. They are blocking the front door so they need to go so he can get inside to cuddlethe rest of the stock.
    2. These are being sold cos there are newer and shinier models out now.

No need to admit to addiction Mike..just go with the flow...You won't sell these cos you never answer your mobile.

And that's just at the neighbour's house!

Geez, do I need that TSS4 or not?

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    And that's just at the neighbour's house!

Geez, do I need that TSS4 or not?

TOL
    Get it Tol and sell it on ebay for $150. . I've still got three so i'm set

Bummer Mike......................... it will be sad to see the gear go won't it.

Isn't the Viccy Point Boaties MArket on shortly? You could have a huge stall there and get rid of them plus other stuff you have.

If i attend that Mike i would leave with more than i started with.
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Get it Tol and sell it on ebay for $150. . I've still got three so i'm set

Mate, I'd probably just put it away "in case I might need it one day"

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    Bummer Mike......................... it will be sad to see the gear go won't it.

Isn't the Viccy Point Boaties MArket on shortly? You could have a huge stall there and get rid of them plus other stuff you have.

If he did that there'd be no room left on the oval for any others. It'd have to run for a full weekend, not just the Sunday. There'd be international visitors jetting in from overseas, Jarrah Jack would probably come up from Victoria.

TOL