Thread: Where to get a braid ring

Where to get a braid ring

Does anyone know where you can purchase a Braid ring.?

I saw a guy using one on Youtube to tighten a knot while using braid to leader. I call it a braid ring for want of a better word or the proper name.

Basically it stops you getting cut with the braid as it is a ring on your finger with a groove in it for the braid to sit in.

Any clues?

John

Re: Where to get a braid ring

what about a standard bike tube hand line finger stopper John - would that do the trick?? (haven't seen a ring like you are talking about and can't really picture it)

I use a short length of 1" diameter broom stick - just make a few wraps around the little bit of wood and pull tight

works a treat

For 12 months i have used these. Very good for heavier line to pull the braid and mono together snugly. Also work on lighter lines without slippage. The broom handle thing sounds good also but probably needs more wraps to get a grip. These sticks have a very hard rubber like compound on them which works a treat. They are also available overseas from a company called plat
    http://www.nomadtackle.ashop.com.au/...ing-stick.html.

Regards to all Dick

Geez at $55 they would want to tie the knots for you. What about using two biros with the rubber grips on them?

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    Geez at $55 they would want to tie the knots for you. What about using two biros with the rubber grips on them?
    There would be a lot of broken biros as I need to pull 55lb braid up snug on 50 - 60 lb flouro carbon leader

John Never seen the stick or the broom handle idea but makes sense. Still looking for the ring though.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Does anyone know where you can purchase a Braid ring.?

I saw a guy using one on Youtube to tighten a knot while using braid to leader. I call it a braid ring for want of a better word or the proper name.

Basically it stops you getting cut with the braid as it is a ring on your finger with a groove in it for the braid to sit in.

Any clues?

John
    Hi's tackle shop in the US

http://www.histackleboxshop.com/Fing...er%20rings.htm

I use a white plastic roller for a sliding door from Bunnings (knock out the bearing in the middle) . Perfect size and great for tightening Bimini twists....

that tackle shop looks pretty good mate. have you bought from there before. just wondering if they were good to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Teejay24 View Post
    that tackle shop looks pretty good mate. have you bought from there before. just wondering if they were good to deal with.
    Not sure fi you meant Hi's in the US or Nomad. Haven't personally ordered from Hi's, but he is a very reputable operator.

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Hi's tackle shop in the US

http://www.histackleboxshop.com/Fing...er%20rings.htm

I use a white plastic roller for a sliding door from Bunnings (knock out the bearing in the middle) . Perfect size and great for tightening Bimini twists....
    BINGO

Thanks heaps mate.
    I will try youre idea and also get a couple sent to me as the price is quite reasonable

Thanks
    John

I use a couple of pieces of aluminium tube about 6 inches long but broom handle would be fine with stubby cooler or wet suit material contact cemented over them. The braid and leader bites in well and doesn't slip with a few wraps. Much cheaper.
    cheers Rob