Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Rod Building Weekend

2011 Rod Building Weekend

Stuart has kindly offered his time again for another weekend of rod building.

From begginers to experienced, I think Stuart has something to offer everyone.

Date: 14th and 15th May. 2011

Cost: as everything is increasing in price dramatically I reget that the cost will be $10 per day per person. This will provide a barbie lunch, the jug isalways on for coffee and tea. Plus the amber liquid refreshments are in the esky also...as well as soft drink.

Time: Start both days at 9am and fisnish at 4pm.

Numbers: 15..first in best dressed. This gives Stuart time to give personal attention to everyone.

Send me a pm if you want to attend.

Stuart will provide a llist of what you will require a bit closer to the date.

Re: 2011 Rod Building Weekend

Thanks very much for letting us use your premises once again Greg and Sue. I will do a list of what you guys and girls need to bring in a weeks time. I would also like to make a note that if you put your name down and you cant make it PLEASE let us know because those that missed out go on a waiting list. If you don’t show then another person could have taken your spot. It is a great weekend full of fun and learning, doesn’t matter what stage you are at, if you want to repair a broken guide or build a full blown custom rod then you will certainly be able to at the RBW. The aim of the weekend isn’t all about rods; it’s about meeting like minded people and to have a laugh ort three.

Stu

Thanks again Greg , Sue for offering your house and Stuart for his valued instruction,awesome, another weekend of learning so much.Count me in please.Can someone show me how to do basic weaves,only if no trouble and not taking up too much time of someone.What would i need for this?

Regards,
    Paul.

for the first time i,m a nonstarter
    due to the fact that i now work 7 god damned days a week
    to greg and sue , you guys should be commended
    to all the newbys good luck with stu
    stu, mate goodonya for doing what you do
    i want pics, videos and lots of info passed around ok
    cheers
    ian

Bream_Reaper01

I intend on doing a very basic weave to show guys how to set up and actually do the weave. Ian, Dont be a turd, show up a mongrel.

Stu

greg , can you please tape this weave production
    and it would be nice if owen and sandy were there to
    and but alas i,m a turd
    is there anyway we can get this to be veiwed live on ausfish?? on the day???

I should be a starter for this one as we'll be back in Brissy by then, but I'd be happy to take a side line if seats are limited.
    Rather see a newby get the spot if they want it.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Bugger. The cooks birthday on the 14th.
    I only have to do 3 things this year and you've hit 2 of them during a rodbuilding week-end.

Once some of the crap is gone from under our house in Brisbane we might be able to organise another week-end down the southern side of town if there is interest. Stu, Owen, Graham as instructors???
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Husband seems to have forgotten me. I would love to attend another rod building class.
    cheers
    sandyd

Could always use our place Scott as we will be southsiders you know and we sure have the room. Just a though and I am sure Owen would be keen also to have a weaving week-end as well for anyone interested. 2 weeks

Maybe we can get Sue and Greg to cater for it as they really seem to like these week ends. :-)
    cheers
    sandyd

Sandyd

Must of read my mind, was only thinking about having a weaving weak-end last week.

Stu

Stu,
    If you want, I have the entire collection of Doc Ski's weave patterns.
    I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I printed some left lists for use on the day.
    There are plenty of basic silhouette versions in single layer and 2 layer.
    Most fish species are covered and they'd fit on your average blank.
    Got spare jigs and so on too.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Sounds good mate, will have a yarn with you soon on the weave weekend.

Stu

I'm with Owen here,ivé the confidence now to not need help on the basics,so i could be a viewer only to make room for a newbie.It would be great to see some basic weaves.

Paul.

Count me in, finally the calandar is free. I'm real keen to learn about multi layer weaves.

Adam