Thread: Maroon dam advise

Maroon dam advise

hi guys, going for a fish to maroon dam for the first time on saturday. Any advise on where to get some fish would be much appreciated but i understand if people dont want to give away there spots. Hoping for the mrs to get her first bass.

cheers, Neil

Re: Maroon dam advise

Quote Originally Posted by Neil81 View Post
    hi guys, going for a fish to maroon dam for the first time on saturday. Any advise on where to get some fish would be much appreciated but i understand if people dont want to give away there spots. Hoping for the mrs to get her first bass.

cheers, Neil
    I have struggled there of late to pull any good fish, but other have managed the opposite.

Top water and diving hard bodys early morning to the edges, also blades, then move out deeper as the sun rises.

If you like to troll then trolling blades along the weed edges should get results.

Cheers

Lee

spinnerbaits to the weed edges will get em

Quote Originally Posted by francey View Post
    spinnerbaits to the weed edges will get em
    Yea smak 1/2's go great out there, any spinnerbaits will work just make sure you have a stinger hook, they can make the difference between catching 10 and 1 in that dam. Jackal squirrels go awsome out there when the fish are in the mood as well. Just fish any of the edges and keep moving along till you find the fish, "run and gun" as harry would say. Dam is constantly firing in different spots so as long as you cover a lot of ground you will find them sooner or later

thanks guys, i have a good range of spinners with and without stingers aswell as a heap of blades, hard body deep divers, poppers and a squirrel plus some live worms so a good range to try.

cheers neil