Thread: East of Sevens Saturday

East of Sevens Saturday

Had a late start saturday, I trolled for around 5 hrs 9am to 2pm and managed a feed. Both fish fell to the x raps with the skirts not getting a touch.

Fished from a mates boat on sundy off Hutchies for 1 x 7kg Dolly which took a fancy to a meridian saltshaker skirt.

Re: East of Sevens Saturday

It double posted for some reason

Sashimi and Hoo Burgers! Can't argue with that!

Big tail on that Wahoo for a skinny one. What did it weigh Jase?

The Hoo was only around 6kg and I did not weigh the Fin but I guess it would be around 4kg. (thats on the rusty scales)
    That little Wahoo had plenty of fight in her. I had it boatside twice just out of gaff range and off it went screaming away into the distance, Sunk the gaff on the 3rd attempt. Great fun.

well done

what colour x-raps? and were they 30's or 20's?

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    well done

what colour x-raps? and were they 30's or 20's?

Looks like a Xrap 30 in blue sardine colour (BSRD) in the Fin's mouth

Nice fish JACE

5 hour trolling session is decent, most of my mates get bored after 30-40 minutes without a strike, myself i could troll all day and not get bored.

cheers tim

The hoo fell to a 20 in Hot Head color, I have nabed severel hoo on this color this season and yeah Tim the fin was caught on a 30 in the blue sardine.
    I dont mind trolling all day either 5 hrs is short for me. One does require some patience when chasing these critters.

Jase.

Quote Originally Posted by TIM D View Post
    Nice fish JACE

5 hour trolling session is decent, most of my mates get bored after 30-40 minutes without a strike, myself i could troll all day and not get bored.

cheers tim
    Hey Tim, may have to get you strapped to the helm of my boat to stop me giving up in that 30-40 minute zone.

Im typically a 10 hour troller

It is nice to be the only one Hutchies in the late arvo when everyone else has run out of fuel and gone home. Perfect for that sundown bite

It has taken a few days of very good trolling to convince some of my bottom basher mates that it is a good way to fill an eskey.

Cheers,
    Myles

I'm a 10 minute troller and i never seem to get the fish some of you guys post pics of.Must be my lure selection.....its gotta be.

I'm happy trolling all day without a strike, it's just the anticipation of a strike that keeps me going. It also gives me a good chance to share stories with the skipper.

I love my plastic fishing but im definately getting hooked on trolling.

cheers tim