Thread: 11 Man Charter: Who from Brisbane North?

11 Man Charter: Who from Brisbane North?

I need to tee one up for a half day with my Staff and a Customer's Crew. 11 people, who should we go to?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Re: 11 Man Charter: Who from Brisbane North?

Go a little further North ! -> www.noosafishing.com
    Oh and do I get a spotters fee for the 12th spot !

I've been on Reel Easy Charters and caught heaps and had a great time.

Reel Easy is prob one from Redcliffe, they have good and bad days but do try hard to find you fish, i will be on with them in May with an annual charter with one of my suppliers, we used to go on Tomcat but now the business is sold we have decided not to use Big Cat as they are yet to prove their ability.
    Personally would travel a little further afield to Noosa, plenty more options and better fishin up that way.

Cheers Lee

Noosa would be nice, but it's too far, given the desire to get back to Brissie and get on the sauce for the arvo.

I'll have a look at Reel Easy!

Thanks,

Tim

Give your mate Keith Hall @ Incredible Charters a call Tim
    Nice big platey he has too

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Give your mate Keith Hall @ Incredible Charters a call Tim
    Nice big platey he has too
    I chose not to mention that! You're a naughty Boy!

Cheers,

Tim

Hey Tim, what about nitro ? I hear the skipper likes to catch snapper ! lol

Mark

Adam from Oddssey Charters up here has one of the Reel Ezy 44' Noosa Cats now. At least you will get out to the Barwon Banks with him. How you go from there depends on the fish I guess but it is good country as you know.

if you want to catch snapper just go south. go out the tweed bar and catch snapper. bag limit is 10 and size is 30cm.

The other thing is you are going to cut down your chances on a half day on a big boat of doing any good. Adam is the only one who I have heard of that does go to the Banks on a half day. That was with his old Cougar Cat. Not sure how quick "So Relaxing" the diesel is and if you could talk him into it. You never know your luck on a half day round here on any given day but I'd say be prepared for dissapointment. None of the guys that have to go across Moreton Bay seem to do half days as the travel time across the bay kills them.

Not sure of the numbers they take but "Dreamtime" out of Noosa (Noosa Cat-ch) does go ok with Tonk on the helm for half days to North Reef and Sunshine Reef. It is a 31' Noosacat so dunno if they could accomodate 11 customers and 2x crew.

Why do you have to go to the banks? We went to Hutchies on Reel Easy and between 12 of us got over 40 nice fish. I personally got 8 including 2 cobia at around 110cm, a kingy, a snapper and other reefies. There were some nice spangled and snaps caught. Corporate day. This was in April a few years ago though. We were going to go wider but one dufus turned up late. Glad he did.

Banks are hit and miss just like anywhere. I've been with my brother on the banks and done well. I've been with him to the 10 mile out of Mooloolabah and done well also. He's been back to the same mark on the banks a few weeks later and got nil, with shows on the sounder.

It's a lottery. Make sure you just enjoy being out there. Turn the radio on at 7:30 and listen to the traffic reports.