Thread: Lures- day v's night!

Lures- day v's night!

hi all,

I've used plenty of hard body lures in fresh for bass over the past couple of years late afternoon or early morning and had good results on surface and deep divers/ spinners.
    I've built up quite a collection of soft plastics lately to add to my hard body and blade collection and was wondering if soft plastics get the same results in salt as hard body's do in fresh and do they work aswell of a night as the do in daylight?
    I've never tried a lure of a night other then a squid jig and was just out to see if there as efficient of a night as they are during the day!

thanks to anyone for there import,

cheers, Neil

Re: Lures- day v's night!

I tend to prefer darker coloured lures at night, gives a better silohuette. Also Like using poppers and other surface lures in the dark, bit of topwater disturbance drives the barra nuts.

At nightthough, it's more reliant on the action you give the lure, i think a bit more of an aggresive action is required to get the fish's attention, not only does the dark make the lure harder for the fish to see, but you are also battling against the baitfish with their very tempting scent. Need to really work the lure to get a bit of attention I reckon, keep the same retreive speed, but make your twitches, harder ans sharper to really make that lure work and vibrate in the water

Re: Lures- day v's night!

I prefer by far to spin at night.. small metals work a treat at night time either skipped across the surface or subsurface work better for me on the trevally than in the day hands down.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!