Thread: Day out from Mooloolaba with a hint of red

Day out from Mooloolaba with a hint of red

Headed out Saturday for a day trip with Joe, dad and Gary. Was just about getting the shakes as i hadn't been out since my last report other than a few crabbing trips and a fish in the river. Fish started coming onboard first drop and continued all day with a god mioxed bag of squire, pearlies, trag, Jobbies, hussar, moses, maori cod, orange rock cod, big tuskies and wrasse. Oh yeah what are those big red things again, ah dosen't matter i didn't catch any. I think dads still got a grin on his face after landing the best fish for the trip, a red that went 9.4 kgs. Sorry not many pics as the camera died on the second photo of the day but luckly dad got a pick of his red on his camera the next day just to rub it in. Packed up and headed home just on sunset for a good run home. Once again a great trip and great company.Thanks Joe, dad and gary.
    Cheers Gaven

Re: Day out from Mooloolaba with a hint of red

Good to see some other fish being brought up from the depths. Nice work Gaven.

Cheers,
    Wags

Nice work mate. Ask JT what those red fish are... apparently he tells people he catches them but I have no evidence to support this so far.
    regards Jim

Thanks Gaven, Good report and pics. Cracker red for down south too!! Well done.

Anthony

Wags,
    Trust everything must be ok for you after the blow. I bet your glad you were only at Mackay.

Thanks Jim we'll wait and see if the jt's are biting

Hey Anthony,
    Yeah very happy with them at that size but not quite the same league as those you and Sean get.

Some nice fish there mate!

Great photo of the tusky, if there in the deep they will be in closer.

looks like you guys had a great day out, well done. water looks nice to.

jp

Nice Fish Gav Sounds Like A Good Day,what Was The Run Like Out There, Was Thinking Of Going Di Wide On Sunday But Am Bit Unsure Dont Wont It To Be Unfishable. Luke

Hey Luke
    not much run at all but that was last weekend and as you know it could be a different story this weekend.
    Gaven