Thread: Cod

Cod

Hi all,
    Recently moved west with work and making the transition from Brean n Bass to Cod n Yellas, wonderin with the full moon this weekend will Cod take a buzz bait? Or old trusty Jitterbug?
    Cheers Brad.

Re: Cod

Mate I think cod will eat anything or at least attack it. I also think the full moon is a good time to fish for cod but not when the moon is showing. I fished an afternoon of the full moon a few years back and got a 90cm(my avatar), 80cm and half a dosen smaller fish, as soon as the moon light hit the water, the fish shut down, we fished for another hour or so, not a hit.

Scott

Ditto to what Scott said......that is my personal experience too...I know other people rave about fishing night wiht the full moon, but I find new moon better....good luck & its all good fun anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear001 View Post
    Ditto to what Scott said......that is my personal experience too...I know other people rave about fishing night wiht the full moon, but I find new moon better....good luck & its all good fun anyhow!
    I would like to find out friday night......But after leaving the club it might be better to stay at home

Cheers Baz

Copper mate of mine reckons friday full moon are the most amount of arrests, watch out Bazz...

Bazz,

Give it a miss after the club session.Ive been tested twice after leaving there on a friday night,
    Jim
    PS walk down to the river behind the club and try there.
    Never know!!!
    Caught a little silver behind the other (ex) club once
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbamb View Post
    Bazz,

Give it a miss after the club session.Ive been tested twice after leaving there on a friday night,
    Jim
    PS walk down to the river behind the club and try there.
    Never know!!!
    Caught a little silver behind the other (ex) club once
    Jim
    No Jim i don't drive mate... If i did & got caught it would be straight to jail....

There are some good Cod in the hole behind the club (apparantly)

Cheers Baz