Thread: GC kayak Spano & Spott

GC kayak Spano & Spott

Went for a burl on the green machine this morning out to the reef. The swell had dropped from yesterdays morning session and looked like there was some good fish to be had. Trolled my pilly for a full lap of the reef without a touch. Then at the start of my second lap, BANG and ZZZZZZ my line starts peeling out at top speed (lucky I had a full reel of new 40lb braid after being spooled by a big one yesterday). After a twenty minute fight I managed to tail grab this nice spano (fun times bringing him onboard with me). After another two laps I managed another nice spott. With not much room left on deck I headed home by 8:30am.
    All in all another great day on the water.

Re: GC kayak Spano & Spott

top stuff tb. how far out do you go out? they can be tiresome enough to land in a boat let alone on the yak.

Awesome stuff, mate. How much does a yak like that set you back?

Cuzza

Good times Adam, always good to catch up with ya for a yarn out there, i just finished filleting my 2 spots and Nico's 2 as well. Almost went out again this arve. Maybe tom morn if i can get this work done. Good spano, did you get a length?

Hey Chris it was good to catch up, it used to be that we only ever saw each other at the bridge. Now its everywhere except the bridge.... I measured him up last night and it went 121cm and 10kg without guts or head.. I was so tempted to hit it yesterday arvo as well but was to lazy, I hit it this morning tho but the wind came up at about 6am. I had a boaty drive straight behind me even tho I was pointin to my troll line and got pick up by the prop. I got my rig back tho including the pilly.
    I did the hard slog thro the chop till about 8 then when me and Gezza were heading in I picked one up really close in...Havent measured him yet but I'd call it at 110cm Spano. I'll chuck another photo up here once I can convice the missus that it is romantic to take fishing photos on valentines day... LOL
    And Cuzza the yaks are BCF or camping stores and you can get em on speacial for about $250 sometimes including a plastic paddle.

You head offshore in that little yak? You're insane! lol

Nice fish.

I'll say, i was out yesterday got 3 spanards and a monster white pointer..
    You must clang and rattle when you walk mate..Nicwe fish tho..