Thread: Been a While

Been a While

With the weather beening .........um .......... Buggared and cyclones and my new job we finally got a chance yesterday for a fish. There was a large swell with a slight breeze when we got up on sunday morning as it didn't look real flash at 3 am when i got up to go so back to bed and up a 6 am we called it to go. Wide was out of the question as it was still quiet lumpy. So down to the Lisa Shoals we went doing it in good time the xraps went out the back as we trolled right thru some tuna bait schools with a solid hook up straight away and into the esky a nice spano went this was looking good i thought.

So around we go again and bang we drops that one and then a yellowfin tuna comes in ...Sushi
    Then that was it so we anchored up on a small patch of ground and fished for a couple hours with 14 grassy's 12 trevalley (salt and peppers) 6 Hussar 3 Stripey's and one Red just going the 56 cm . We had a ball for a close trip in and good to get some fish again

VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Re: Been a While

ya tease

well done for the conditions

I am madly building trailer and boat to get back into it, 9 days until motor goes on

JT it looks like we are going to Facing Island for 5 days with a trip out wide if weather permits

cheers murf

See how my shifts coniside buddy Will keep you informed
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Nice haul there JT. Were they all caught at/around lisa jane?

Weather looks alright for a change too

Yep we stayed there till about 1 30 i think
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

good report jt, least there looks to be a bit more salt around that way now. Great mixed bag for a so call quick/close trip

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Nice work JT,
    I love those inshore trips this time of year.
    You don't have to go wide from about Januaray to Easter.
    The boys did a ferry run to North Reef on Sunday and said "flat as" offshore. (bit bigger boat tho)

Good stuff, Jt, great effort in close! Love that spano. How far's the fresh go out there at the moment? Is it still filthy at Keppel? Was it pretty clear at LisaJane? Getting better in Moreton Bay now.

Cuzza