Thread: bait bucket/pouches

bait bucket/pouches

Hey all.

I'm looking for a little bait bucket or pouch that you can attach to your belt or wear around the waist/body to hold bait (pilchards), mostly for surf fishing. I'm trying to google for it but it looks like I don't know what they are called so I'm getting mixed results.
    This is so I can have the bait close to me to re-bait, as if you leave it on the shore somewhere, the seagulls take it.
    Does anyone use these? Can you point me in the right direction of a good one?

Thanks.

Re: bait bucket/pouches

Alvey have them and I'm sure that others have them also.

Alvey call theirs a bait bucket and it slips over a belt and has a lid.

I'm sure you could pick one up at just about any tackle store.

TOL

As TOL said Alvey make a good one

A few of the oldtimers just cut the top off a 2L milk bottle and used a hot knife to cut a couple of slits for a belt to go through

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Alvey also have a fish bag with a front pocket. Great for keeping bait in the pocket & tailor in the bag when the bite only lasts 15 - 20 minutes. You don't need to keep taking fish back to your gear on the beach.

Jerson

Just remember if you like the odd ale with your fishing, Alvey have a deluxe bag with stubbie holder beside the bait pouch. Make sure you are careful retrieving said beer though, pillies and XXXX don't mix Also, if you do have a few amke sure you remove all the pillies before you turn in for the night otherwise they attract all manner of wildlife during the night and if not are very cured by the next time you use the bag.

Cool thanks fellas

TOL,
    I hope this doesnt turn into an Alvey V everything thing else thread....

Lol Wayno,

Nah mate, just happened to have an Alvey reel book beside the computer at the time, so I had a squiz in it.

TOL

those alvey buckets/belts are alright if you don't do alot of surf fishing. Problem is the belts have a tendency to slip alot and the lids don't always shut properly on the buckets. You'll also wanna drill a hole or 2 in the bottom if you have a habit of standing in the wash (nice on a hot summer arvo) as it'll fill with water.
    Better off making your own belt/pouch setup if you're serious about it I reckon. I'll grab a photo of one I made up years ago, its great, comfy, long lasting and quite cheap to make.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.