Thread: Matching a rod to a Curado 200E5

Matching a rod to a Curado 200E5

looking to upgrade my gear. can get a 200e5 pretty cheap from the us at the moment. and from what iv read a bloody great reel.

looking to match this up to a rod.
    Im pretty much all purpose land based. flicking spinners , hard bodies and poppers. cod, bass, yellow belly ect.

want to get into some salt water stuff too. rock walls ect.

also willing to move on the reel if someone can recommended a better option under $200

Any suggestions would be appreciated. budget for the rod around the 100/150 mark.

Cheers,

Mick

Re: Matching a rod to a Curado 200E5

Absolutely get yourself a curado. At the price you can buy from the states atm there is nothing that comes close as far as im concerned. I bought my first E5 as soon as they were released here in Aus and it has been magic. They are tough as too, many impoundment barra guys using them atm.

As far as rods go for that kind price you could buy out of the states get something like a St Croix mojo bass rod plenty of other out there. Or locally look at the new abu veritas, shimano raider's are very popular for that kinda money.

Cheers
    Rockfish

I got a curado e7 from the states about 2 weeks ago got for around $160 and i love it. I put on a shimano radier its the best little combo i got. Picked the rod up for around $120 check out ohya sales for the curado i found them the cheapest

Curado with a Shimano Barra Magnum (Raider Series) is a great set up if you want to handle bigger fish. I used a Curado with Barra Magnum for many years for NT barra fishing. Has to be the best value for money barra set up around. The Curado is a great reel, capable of light line, light lure fishing for bream and the like, but can also handle heavier line and serious fishlike big barra.

Now use a Calais DC and G Loomis rod. A better set up, but is should be at more than 3 times the price.

Norm C

Mate if you are buying your curado from the U.S try sorting a rod from the same seller and save on postage. There are a few sellers inparticualar that have great prices on curado's and I highly recommend a Loolis GL2 MBR range. Even though it is a base model I've had my MRB784C for three years and can't break it. very tough rod. mine is 6'6 which is a great length for casting a long way without being too long. On some US sites i've seen them priced for 190 odd dollars. Money well spent. I prodoninately fish for barra - justs my thoughts