Thread: Barra Comp Dates for 2011

Barra Comp Dates for 2011

For the Barra guys who might be interested, here are the prelim dates for Barra Trophys and Barra Pro Events in 2011.

There will be two seperate series next year, the Barra Trophy Teams Series, and the ABT Barra Pro Series.

The Barra Trophy Teams Series is ABT affiliated, and will be co-ordinated by Matt Fraser. There will be seven events, including the five-event barra tour from 28Oct - 12 Nov. These events will be teams events with all cash and prizes awarded to teams not individuals - apart from Big Barra Prizes. Angler of the year and Team of the year points will accumulate through the series. Final standings will be based on best four of seven events. There will be two categories, Pro Teams and Amatuer Teams. Pro Teams will be two anglers only, competing for the Pro Cash Pool. Amatuer Teams can comprise two to four anglers, including juniors, the entry fee will be much lower to encourage new participants. Amatuer Teams will compete for product prizes only.

The ABT Barra Pro Series will be Boater/Non Boater, Shared Length events. There will be two qualifiers in 2011, one at Monduran and one at Peter Faust. The ABT Barra Pro series will provide the gateway to AFC selection. It will provide Barra anglers the opportunity to compete for individual accolades as Boaters. Non Boaters, for the first time, will get the opportunity to be drawn to fish with the best impoundment barra anglers in the country. With a shared length limit, Boaters and Non Boater pairings will work together towards their limit, to encourage teamwork and sharing of knowledge. Note that entries for Barra Pros will close a week prior to the events, in order to sure up numbers. Boater/Non Boater pairings will also be published on australianbarra.com.au 3-5 days prior to the events, to allow pairings the opportunity to coordinate prefishing, launching and posssibly travel plans.

ABT Barra Grand Final - Will be a Boater/Non Boater event, 2 sessions, 5 fish shared length limits. As the Inagural Barra Grand Final, this event will be hotly contested, as anglers will compete for Individual Glory as Grand Final Champion for the first time ever in an ABT event. Note the dates has moved forward a week to the 11-13 February, to avoid conflict with other Barra and Bass events.

2011 Prelim Barra Calender

11 -13 February ABT Barra Pro Grand Final – Awoonga 2x5
    12-13 March ABT Barra Pro Rd 1 – Monduran 2x5
    14 – 15May Barra Trophy Rd 1 – Awoonga 3x3
    9-11 September ABT Barra Pro Rd 2 – Peter Faust 2x5
    7-9 October Barra Trophy Rd 2 – Monduran 3x3
    28 – 29 October Barra Trophy Rd 3 - Teemburra 2x5
    31 Oct – 1 Nov Barra Trophy Rd 4 – Peter Faust 3x3
    4 - 5 November Barra Trophy Rd 5 – Awoonga 3x3
    7 – 8 November Barra Trophy Rd 6 - Awoonga 2x5
    11 – 12 November Barra Trophy Rd 7 – Monduran 2x5

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Barra Comp Dates for 2011

Hey Matt,

A Mate and I were keen to compete in the Family Barra event this year but the setup didn't suit us. We both have mad keen sons but neither have wives or fathers who fish, I know it's aimed at families but would you consider more flexibility, eg: 2 dads and 2 sons in one boat? Just a thought, Cheers, Jamie.
    My PB's - Have Photos of most of them.

Flathead - 98cm - Bait - Tweed River
    Spottie Mackerel - 105cm - Bait - Palmy Reef
    Australian Bass - 48cm - Spinnerbait - Spot X
    Yellowbelly - 48cm - Yellowbelly - Jackall - Sommerset
    Bream - 38cm - MF40 - Nerang River
    Whiting - 40cm - Bait - Nerang River
    Jack - 40cm (Pitiful I Know) - Live Bait - Coomera River
    Barra - 104cm - Storm Pro Paddle Tail - Mondy

Thats a lot of travel for some wanting to do the whole tour. I wouldn't like to live in say, whitsundays, or further north.

Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

Quote Originally Posted by OverNover View Post
    Hey Matt,

A Mate and I were keen to compete in the Family Barra event this year but the setup didn't suit us. We both have mad keen sons but neither have wives or fathers who fish, I know it's aimed at families but would you consider more flexibility, eg: 2 dads and 2 sons in one boat? Just a thought, Cheers, Jamie.
    Jamie,

The amatuer teams can have up to four anglers, so it will definitely suit your crew. I'd love to get more kids involved like that.

Hope to see you guys there.

Cheers,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Thats a lot of travel for some wanting to do the whole tour. I wouldn't like to live in say, whitsundays, or further north.

Steve
    Steve,

We aren't expected many anglers to do the whole lot of events.

In regards to the Teams Trophy series, there are seven events, AOY and and Team of Year is based on four events only.

The End of Year Tour is virtually unchanged, just a couple of extra Trophy events. which I had last year anyway.

Pro events are a whole new thing.

plenty of choice

Cheers,

Matt

Hi, just wondering can any anglers compete in these events?
    Cheers.

***Matt correct me if I'm wrong****

Anyone can enter the comps, as they are ABT affliated you'll need to pay a small membership fee on top of the entry fee if you are not already an ABT member. The principle reason for this, is to ensure you are covered by the ABT Public Liability insurance requirements.

You can't say there won't be enough water in the lakes this year, the barra should be feeding up big on all this new flooded ground, all the best if you do enter.

Ian

Was taking my partner for the weekend to awoonga for the 12-14, Im not interested in comps, will it be very busy on the water? accommodation is no problem for me.
    cheers
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowrunner View Post
    Was taking my partner for the weekend to awoonga for the 12-14, Im not interested in comps, will it be very busy on the water? accommodation is no problem for me.
    cheers
    Pete
    When are you coming this month ? if its this month .The Barra grand final Comp is off
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Pete
    When are you coming this month ? if its this month .The Barra grand final Comp is off
    Hey Trev, yeh this month, not this weekend but the next, Ill be staying at the dam.

cheers
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

I will keep an eye out for you Peter. I will be at the Awoonga Gateway Lodge on those dates.