Thread: Scarb and Woody Point boat ramps

Scarb and Woody Point boat ramps

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but, most of us are aware that the Pelican Park/Woody Point boat ramp will be closed for the water skiing championship for two weeks. This however will also co-inside with the off shore superboat championships, which is another closed ramp Fortunately the Scarby ramp will only be effected for one weekend.

May as well stay home that weekend me thinks.

CHeers
    i want a bigger boat

Call Sign "In-Vince-able" VHF 72

Re: Scarb and Woody Point boat ramps

g'day charlie09, i understand your beef with your local ramps being closed but would like to make a comment. i lived on the gold coast for 12 years and slowly watched a wonderful area get over saturated by people wanting a similar life. its unfortunate that your favourite pastime is impeeded by this but you live in "gods country" and if 2 maybe 3 weeks a year is encroaching on this perhaps hook the boat up and head north. kindest regards, tony.

G'Day Tony. Sorry if the post sounded like a I have a beef. I was just putting it out there for some info. In one of my previous posts (Margate Reef) alot of people were saying how poor the ramps in the area are and that Pelican Park ramp will be closed for two weeks. I guess I was just trying to add more info for those guys that posted on that thread.

Cheers
    Vince
    i want a bigger boat

Dohles Rocks and Deep Water Bend if you want to use the Woody Point end of Redcliffe are also options.

fez

wont the super boat pu a stop to that they normaly make the exclusion zone the mouth of bramble bay for that on, made that mistake once my self

Don't forget Bridge to Brisbane road closures if heading to pinkenbah to put in the river !

Just to put things into perspective. Us fishos have the use of these ramps for 50 weeks a year.......surely you wouldnt begrudge the skiers and offshore racers two weekends to enjoy their pursuits.

About

The World Water Ski Racing Championships are coming to Queensland for the first time ever on September 10-17 in Moreton Bay, Queensland, Australia
    Over 350 competitors from 12 countries throughout Europe, the United States and New Zealand are expected to make the pilgrimage to Queensland to go head to head against the very best Australian ski racers to what is arguably the most picturesque venue ever to hold this prestigious event. It is also the first of its kind in Queensland.
    The sport of ski racing has to be seen to be believed. Ultra fit athletes hurdle across the open water at speeds in excess of 160 KPH (110 MPH), behind impeccably prepared machines boasting up to 1200 horsepower and an estimated value of well over $250,000 each.
    Throughout the seven-day period there are four full days of competitive world championship racing with scheduled lay days in between, allowing teams adequate time to recuperate both skiers and machinery to ensure peak performance throughout. There are six main classes of competition including the premier F1 men’s and women’s classes, F2 men’s and women’s classes and junior boys and girls all competing for the illusive world championship crown.
    Combining incredible racing action on the water, with captivating demonstrations, activities and displays on the beautiful Moreton Bay foreshore; Ski Racing Queensland endeavors to create a highly entertaining event for people and families of all ages.
    Located only 35 minutes drive from the Brisbane CBD, and less than 20 minutes to Brisbane International Airport; this is an amazing location at Pelican Park, Clontarf, on the southern edge of the Redcliffe Peninsula.
    The 2011 Water Ski Racing World Championships is the first of its kind ever to visit Queenland’s beautiful blue waters and promises to be a unique and exciting event, with something for everyone.

Get over the two weeks of boat ramp closures as this is a great boost for Qld tourism on an international scale IMO.

He wasn't having a whinge, he was just letting people know!!

I wonder how the boats and skiers would handle chop from a 15 to 25 knots easterly wind!!

Don't think I'd like to be skying at those sorts of speed across the Moreton Bay chop!!

Luc

Thanks Luc thats exactly what I was trying to say.

Cheers
    Vince
    i want a bigger boat

Ended up being 7 trailers at the Scarborough Coast Gaurd ramp on sunday at 7.30am. Never seen so few in the carpark on a weekend day with good weather.