Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: different types of fisherman ive noticed

Re: different types of fisherman ive noticed

A fishman is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of a river doing nothing because his wife wont let him do it at home.
    There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone linesman, trying to outwit a organism with a brain no bigger than a pea, and getting licked
    in the process.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like a idiot.
    Of all the liars amongst mankind, the fisherman is the most truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like a idiot.
    That's why I take a seat.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

LOL........Best thread I've read on a forum ever !!! thanks boys

Deano

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    That's why I take a seat.
    I prefer a rod..

All that talk of Alveys..I've never seen one and don't know of anyone, apart from you old blokes up there, who have ever used one. I think the're just for collecting and selective remembering . Like matchbox toys and barbie dolls.

Thanks JJ....I agree, a hand spool with a pin through the centre and a handle...Bit like an old plumber mate of mine once told me....Best thing about the good old days is....They are gone!!!!

Great thread.

What about the ignorant fisho?

Stops boat on ramp to load and set up. 30 minutes.
    Drives off at full clappers from the ramp. 2 minutes.
    Flies past people that have been fishing in quiet secluded spots for hours. 1 minute.
    Takes 4 hours to anchor. 4 hours.
    All anchor chain must rattle out. Seems like eternity.
    Waits 5 minutes and shifts closer. 5 minutes.
    Going the wrong way up a channel at full speed and beaching it. Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by sandbankmagnet View Post
    Great thread.

What about the ignorant fisho?

Stops boat on ramp to load and set up. 30 minutes.
    Drives off at full clappers from the ramp. 2 minutes.
    Flies past people that have been fishing in quiet secluded spots for hours. 1 minute.
    Takes 4 hours to anchor. 4 hours.
    All anchor chain must rattle out. Seems like eternity.
    Waits 5 minutes and shifts closer. 5 minutes.
    Going the wrong way up a channel at full speed and beaching it. Priceless.
    obviously you HAve seen me fishing..so what is the problem???

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    I prefer a rod..

All that talk of Alveys..I've never seen one and don't know of anyone, apart from you old blokes up there, who have ever used one. I think the're just for collecting and selective remembering . Like matchbox toys and barbie dolls.
    and you wonder why we heap scorn on you..surely it is becoming apparent now !!!!

I prefer a rod..

Heathen and blasphemer best you get an alvey and hook it up with a real fish there is nothing like the sound of the ratchet on an alvey especially when you know you have to put your knuckles in there trying to stop the run
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

I prefer a rod..
    that gotta be a little uncomfortable....

I prefer a rod..

It is funny there Jack but the funny thing is for the most part, that decades old technology didn't really need any further enhancing. Kind of got it perfect the first time! The little tweaks over the years just made them even better. For standing on a bank or beach I highly doubt still to this day that you will find a more reliable, long casting and long living real on the market. They even use them offshore for Snapper, but in this department IMO the advancements in spinning reals have out done them.

Quote Originally Posted by STUIE63 View Post
    Heathen and blasphemer best you get an alvey and hook it up with a real fish there is nothing like the sound of the ratchet on an alvey especially when you know you have to put your knuckles in there trying to stop the run
    Stuie
    Classic stu, many a bruised knuckle has come from someone (including me nearly every time) trying to grab the handle after a big run and being too startled to palm the spool.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Did you say naughty (wash your potty mouth out with soap) words when you found out??

There probably were some deployment of some of the more expressive words of my lexicon. They certainly would have rhymed with "duck" or "ducking". There might have even been one rhyming with "stunt." I have always regarded them as a variant of the French pronunciation for "goodness, golly gosh!"

I think the're just for collecting and selective remembering . Like matchbox toys and barbie dolls.
    And what's wrong with collecting matchbox cars??
    I had about 300 stolen last year

Barbie dolls I'll leave though. They'll get dusty hanging in the shed.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    and you wonder why we heap scorn on you..surely it is becoming apparent now !!!!
    No.....Didn't know you were an old Alvey bloke as well..I thought you caught fish.

Come on Charlie and TOL, the bait has been dangled.

JJ,..........

When I read your scurrilous post, I was going to use words like sacrilege, treason, heritic, etc etc, but then the Valium I took started to cut in, and it's still working. Even had a bit of a nap.

It's all good JJ, it's all good. I don't care mate, it doesn't really matter at all. Would you like one of my Alveys? I could send you a 651 C5. It holds 900 metres of 13 kg line, but I've put 500 metres of 23 kg line on it. Just the thing for those KG whiting.......

TOL