Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: different types of fisherman ive noticed

Re: different types of fisherman ive noticed

Jeez Aigutso, after reading your post, I was tempted, really tempted.

Now Pinhead, the WWF?

Nah mate, not going there either!!

Let he who is without sin cast the first bait blah blah blah.........

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Jeez Aigutso, after reading your post, I was tempted, really tempted.

Now Pinhead, the WWF? Aigutso and myself..World's Worst Fishermen

Nah mate, not going there either!!

Let he who is without sin cast the first bait blah blah blah.........

TOL
    .................................................. .................................................. .....

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. .....

I'm a bit miffed that you left me out!!

TOL

Yep i did omit WWF, bugger, buts that quite typical of someone in the WWF,
    Tangles KFC

Mr. Two Rods.

3 blokes go out, but there's 4 corners in the cockpit. Before the Skipper has time to scratch himself, Two Rods has two corners sorted.

Two Rods is pulling up a fish on his bait gear on one corner, his plastic goes off! Skipper drops own rod, fights decent Snapper off the bottom on Two Rods' gear, gets the fish 3 quarters of the way up, Two Rods comes over and says,

"I'll take over now."

"Like hell you will, C%^$!" Bellows Skipper.

and

Mr. I have everything you will ever need, and I insist that my gear is better than your gear, and you have to use my gear, and my lure selection is the right lure selection.

Can't catch a cold.

and

Mr. Chuckles.

Loves to fish, good at it too. But spews every time.

and

Mr. I didn't think the No Smoking sign included me.

So he doesn't ask first...

and

Mr. What's this hole for?

As you back into the water without the bungs in. That would be the bilge pump outlet - without a doubt the funniest thing I EVER saw in the rear view mirror!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    186 without overdrive.
    I wish it had an overdrive
    thats awesome stuff. yep the overdrive sure helped, we even thought about range rover diffs to try and boost her top speed over the 85-90km/hr, but it never happened.

The girlfriend fisho

Mates are all busy, no one to take.
    Girlfriend comes along for first time
    Comes along because she thinks it’ll be fun, yet everything is a problem.
    Doesn’t understand fishing is done OUTSIDE in the HOT sun with mozzies!
    Asks me, "does this poor worm/shrimp really have to suffer" as i put it on hook.
    Cast’s into trees, rocks, other side of bank and wonders why not bites.
    Picks up my baitcaster whilst i run to car, and thinks " oh yeah, i see how this works, press down button and cast ay" ..... Not so simple.
    Give her piece of mono now instead of rods/reels coping abuse.
    Ties mono around wrist whilst fishing hooks larger than expected fish and shits herself, turns to run away, but screams "it’s following me!!!"
    Finds mass school of catfish and will repeatedly cast into it, then yells "got one, NOW COME GET IT OFF, their gross!"

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    A few agreeable fishos I know,

The Magpie Fisho,, ( Bright & shiny things) haha..I know who that is.
    The Shed Fisho ( meticulous, a planner, a thinker, but always takes the same outfit) ahem ..TOL ????
    The Leisure Fisho ( wants to relax but who cant relax when he fishes, ) no idea on that one
    The Alvey Fisho ( life is an Alvey, Green Death, a dangling prawn, bugger the rat race) finga
    The Silent Fisho (as deadly as a silent fart, will pull fish without anyone else knowing) we all know who that is...always down the back corner quietly
    The Impatient Fisho ( First down, where are the fish, bugger, forgot the?) no idea
    The Social Fisho ( its about enjoying the day, the company, the banter, its fishing) all of us
    The Overkill Fisho (will 100lb leader be ok for snapper? i have 150lbs? ) oh..what size line do you have on your gear? hehe

Now there is a cartoon series in there

.................................................. .................................................. ....

quite a few are self descriptive lol, impatient, fidgeting, overkill, taking a box full of crap and still forgetting stuff...

but ive never know 2 people to be such Alvey afficionados as you and FInga,, how olds the mono on those Alveys?

as for:

The Its Personal Fisho ( has to have the biggest/best fish, boat, its a competition )
    The Know All Fisho ( do this, do it this way, do that etc..this knot, not that knot...)
    The It's My Way Fisho (the fishing experience is a floating prison, )
    The Ego Fisho (Im better than you, as im a better Fisho, or I only respect good Fishos)
    The Serial Fisho ( its a life and death experience, its like a war zone out there?)
    The Flat Chat Fisho ( See how fast i can drive.. )
    The Im God Fisho ( im skipper.. in control of your thoughts, your life, its my boat, and ill remind you at every opportunity how good my boat is, how lucky you are).

That was a bloke i went fishing with a few years ago all wrapped in one
    Tangles KFC

how olds the mono on those Alveys?
    I got the reel for Christmas in about 1979 and the line is still on there...and still good.
    It's a bad Alvey though. It's orange/yellow in colour.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

A bad Alvey? whats wrong with an orange/yellow alvey...
    Tangles KFC

no such thing as a bad alvey
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

A bad Alvey? whats wrong with an orange/yellow alvey...
    They're harder to clean. You see the mullet and chicken guts on them if you don't hose them well enough.
    The guts is harder to see on the brown ones
    That's it....call me pedantic. I don't care.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by ausqld91 View Post
    The girlfriend fisho

Mates are all busy, no one to take.
    Girlfriend comes along for first time
    Comes along because she thinks it’ll be fun, yet everything is a problem.
    Doesn’t understand fishing is done OUTSIDE in the HOT sun with mozzies!
    Asks me, "does this poor worm/shrimp really have to suffer" as i put it on hook.
    Cast’s into trees, rocks, other side of bank and wonders why not bites.
    Picks up my baitcaster whilst i run to car, and thinks " oh yeah, i see how this works, press down button and cast ay" ..... Not so simple.
    Give her piece of mono now instead of rods/reels coping abuse.
    Ties mono around wrist whilst fishing hooks larger than expected fish and shits herself, turns to run away, but screams "it’s following me!!!"
    Finds mass school of catfish and will repeatedly cast into it, then yells "got one, NOW COME GET IT OFF, their gross!"

Good times.
    You married yet.........

Quote Originally Posted by STUIE63 View Post
    no such thing as a bad alvey
    TOL was telling me last week that he is wanting to go back to basics and use an Alvey rig with a 9 ft rod and I agreed that for "touch" fishermen, there is nothing better.

To me, fishing is best enjoyed as a sensual experience and the sense of touch is very much a part of that experience.

I have various flashy egg beaters and other reels and I use them every time that I go fishing but nothing makes some more excited in anticipation than when I pick up my 10 1/2 Wilson Live Fibre rod with the Alvey reel on it.

Perhaps there is a class of fisherman for us Alvey lovers - the "Sensual Fisherman."

Add the smell of a bit of mullet-gut on a bitter cold winter's night and I am just about ready to start singing the words from John Denver's "Annie's Song"...

"You fill up my senses,
    like a night in the forest ....."