Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: different types of fisherman ive noticed

Re: different types of fisherman ive noticed

Finga and TOL remind of the two old guys in the thearter in the muppets....

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    have you met them ???

arr no, but just the way they are on here....

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    The Keen as Mustard Young Punk

These harmless but mildly annoying creatures inhabit jetties and piers across Australia.
    They are the juveniles that are driven to the jetties by the adults of the species looking to inflict their offspring on other unsuspecting souls so as to have a bit of piece and quite. Sometimes they will be sent on their way with a bicycle dressed like a pocupine with a minimum of 8 rods.

On arrival they will get as many lines as possible into the water then proceed to wander around asking everyone the well worn line- 'get anything mate?'
    They are all juiced up on the latest fishing mags and hence will be found simultaneously trying to live bait, dead bait, jigging, chucking hard bodies and soft bodies and the really keen ones will also give SWOFing a go. Needles to say the majority of the time is spent untageling their lines and often others they have entangled.

Once someone else hooks up to something sizable, they are in their element. They start commentating the fight with great enthusiasm and calling the fish for a mack, no its a trevor- see those head shakes, hang on it could be a turrum, maybe a goldie, wait on that is a familiar tail beat- must be a shark, perhaps its a barra that is staying down- and on it goes until a 2m eel is pulled up. He is also the first to grab the community gaff, so enthused to be part of the action.

Should you be lucky enough to hook a good fish, any offer to help land it by this gregareous creature should be discouraged. Should you accept the help it is inevitable the prized fish will be handlined to within a meter of the jetty before the line snaps.

Full of enthusiasm, this beast will pack up at the end of the day having not landed a fish but having a hand in losing several, and will trundle off waving everyone goodbye and wishing them the best of luck and promissing to return the next day for another awesome time if mum will let me.

And good on em too for havin a go!! ....Its up to the grump old punks standing next to them (probably former keen as mustard young punks back in their day) to teach them a thing or too....and hope they listen.

Sure rather see a kid like that than the ones with a hat pointing sideways, pants hangin with crack out, smokin dope at the local skate park.

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

Camhawk88 haha i know that kind to well mate fishing at our hot water outlet hooked on to a rather large queeny , one of the young punks runs out of nowhere to grab my line to be apart of the thrill of a big catch and bam snaps, along with my temper and a few words along the lines of "you ever touch my line again ill shove your rod up your arse now f#ck off back to your spot"

im only 23 but im proper mad keen , i dont go out fishing and have to catch fish i go cause i love everything about it.
    fishing is not a hobby , its an addiction.
    my missus wants to send me to fishers anonymous

The Electronics Fisherman

You pick him up and EF is alway not ready "I had to shut the puta down". EF plays with the radio and tells you how to use it, all the way to the water. "Should have an electric winch you know". You get the boat in the water, EF goes straight to the sounder and starts playing. Five kms from the ramp, EF hasn't seen a thing except for the sounder and every setting on it. Pull up to fish EF pulls out the smart cast Humminbird, with the tranducer attached to the digital cast control reel, still hasn't looked at the scenery, but has the tranducer tuned into the smartcast wrist watch to examine the structure. EF gets a text message, "great we have phone service". Out comes the flat screen phone looking thing, EF's on the net getting the latest on fishing news and updates for the smartcast. You catch a fish, EF pushes you out of the way to grip and weigh the fish with the digital gripper, scales. "Nice fish" , out comes the flat sceen phone-digital camera, click. EF plays with the camera for a while, "That pic will be on your computer when you get home". The fishing is finished and EF hasn't wet a hook. Back to the ramp, back the trailer in, "you should have a reverse camera you know". Winch the boat on' "I'll get you a price off the net for an electric winch". All the the way home you hear about the new gear EF's going to E shop to improve his fishing. "I never catch fish, don't know wy I go".

Scott

What about the techo fisherman??
    The one who knows the brand/name/model numbers of his/her rods and reels and the differences to the next model up or down....and every other rod, reel, tackle box and shirt that's ever been made and sat on a shelf at BCF or K-Fart.
    They know where the item was made and by whom and knows what weight the braid is rated at and it's thickness and when they put it on the reel and when it will be coming off.
    They normally have 482 combo's (and they take them everywhere they go) and a particular combo is used for fishing for 1 particular type of fish (ie winter whiting between 104 and 187 gms at Jumpinpin bar...and not to be confused with the combo used for winter whiting between the weights of 104 and 187gms at Peel Island)
    They know what plastic is what by it's full name....(ie yellow nuclear Mohammedans chicken with case of gas and one plucked eyebrow) just by feeling it in their hands and sniffing it whilst their rod bag is wrapped around their eyes.
    They know the tides times and how high or low they're going to be off the bat.
    They know the moon phases off the top of their head and can recite the Fisherman's Almanac word for word.
    They know what knot is used for what line and it and it's percentage line strength retention if the knot is tied right.

And then theirs me.
    Rod- brown thing over there
    Reel-4" Alvey
    Line-blue stuff
    Hook-2/0 suicide
    Sinker-1 ball
    Bait-prawn.... and that's about all I need to know.

What a load of crap.
    I assume you think I'm the short fat one??
    I was flat out wearing a suit for my wedding let alone everyday and I haven't got white hair and I have more hair on my face and out my ears.
    Builds about right though.

I found a picture of TOL though
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

arr no, but just the way they are on here....

wait till you meet and get to know em..nothing like the blokes on the Muppets..way funnier than them.

Who's going to write up about The fudgers.
    You all know about them. You've all seen them and you all probably know one.
    They're the ones who have to take a picture of a fish on a brag mate....but take 25 minutes adjusting the mat so it's got crinkley folds in it so the fish seems to measure 65cm long by the mat but if you took all the wrinkles out it's really 48cm.
    They also take pictures of fish whilst holding their hands waaaaay out in front so the fish looks bigger.
    But they forget about their hands in the picture. The hands are the give-away. Nobody has hands that span 53cm (which is estimated by the given size of the fish).

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Who's going to write up about The fudgers.
    You all know about them. You've all seen them and you all probably know one.
    They're the ones who have to take a picture of a fish on a brag mate....but take 25 minutes adjusting the mat so it's got crinkley folds in it so the fish seems to measure 65cm long by the mat but if you took all the wrinkles out it's really 48cm.
    They also take pictures of fish whilst holding their hands waaaaay out in front so the fish looks bigger.
    But they forget about their hands in the picture. The hands are the give-away. Nobody has hands that span 53cm (which is estimated by the given size of the fish).

It helps a lot if you just cut 15 cms out of the brag mat too.

TOL

2 old blokes well into retirement,in an old Clark cutter tinny or similar, with a Chrysler outboard.
    Finga,they are the blokes I described to a tee,just missing the smokes and yellow fingers !

A few agreeable fishos I know,

The Magpie Fisho,, ( Bright & shiny things)
    The Shed Fisho ( meticulous, a planner, a thinker, but always takes the same outfit)
    The Leisure Fisho ( wants to relax but who cant relax when he fishes, )
    The Alvey Fisho ( life is an Alvey, Green Death, a dangling prawn, bugger the rat race)
    The Silent Fisho (as deadly as a silent fart, will pull fish without anyone else knowing)
    The Impatient Fisho ( First down, where are the fish, bugger, forgot the?)
    The Social Fisho ( its about enjoying the day, the company, the banter, its fishing)
    The Overkill Fisho (will 100lb leader be ok for snapper? i have 150lbs? )

Now for some other types of Fishos,

The Reluctant Fisho (Ill check and get back to you, )
    The Its Personal Fisho ( has to have the biggest/best fish, boat, its a competition )
    The Know All Fisho ( do this, do it this way, do that etc..this knot, not that knot...)
    The It's My Way Fisho (the fishing experience is a floating prison, )
    The Turn Around Fisho ( its all about me and my day, turn around)
    The Ego Fisho (Im better than you, as im a better Fisho, or I only respect good Fishos)
    The Serial Fisho ( its a life and death experience, its like a war zone out there?)
    The Flat Chat Fisho ( See how fast i can drive.. )
    The Im God Fisho ( im skipper.. in control of your thoughts, your life, its my boat, and ill remind you at every opportunity how good my boat is, how lucky you are).

Now there is a cartoon series in there
    Tangles KFC

Then there's the guys like Joe Peschi and Danny Glover in that movie Gone Fishing that have enough trouble (due to no fault of their own...) just getting a line into the water let alone catching any fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    A few agreeable fishos I know,

The Magpie Fisho,, ( Bright & shiny things)
    The Shed Fisho ( meticulous, a planner, a thinker, but always takes the same outfit)
    The Leisure Fisho ( wants to relax but who cant relax when he fishes, )
    The Alvey Fisho ( life is an Alvey, Green Death, a dangling prawn, bugger the rat race)
    The Silent Fisho (as deadly as a silent fart, will pull fish without anyone else knowing)
    The Impatient Fisho ( First down, where are the fish, bugger, forgot the?)
    The Social Fisho ( its about enjoying the day, the company, the banter, its fishing)
    The Overkill Fisho (will 100lb leader be ok for snapper? i have 150lbs? )

Now for some other types of Fishos,

The Reluctant Fisho (Ill check and get back to you, )
    The Its Personal Fisho ( has to have the biggest/best fish, boat, its a competition )
    The Know All Fisho ( do this, do it this way, do that etc..this knot, not that knot...)
    The It's My Way Fisho (the fishing experience is a floating prison, )
    The Turn Around Fisho ( its all about me and my day, turn around)
    The Ego Fisho (Im better than you, as im a better Fisho, or I only respect good Fishos)
    The Serial Fisho ( its a life and death experience, its like a war zone out there?)
    The Flat Chat Fisho ( See how fast i can drive.. )
    The Im God Fisho ( im skipper.. in control of your thoughts, your life, its my boat, and ill remind you at every opportunity how good my boat is, how lucky you are).

Now there is a cartoon series in there
    haven't found a description of the WWF yet Mike.

Oi Mike.
    Have to come to the realisation that the Alvey Fisho and the Silent Fisho are pretty much the same person??
    Especially if the Alvey is brown. (wood or brown bakelite)