Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: different types of fisherman ive noticed

Re: different types of fisherman ive noticed

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Who's talking about old memories.
    That was last week just about and hopefully that will be in a week or so with TOL.

Here's the boat launcher. No...fairdinkum....no bullcrap

LOL That is fantastic!!! that looks like a very tidy rig. our landy is long gone. along with my feet burning on the fire wall and that diff wine you only get with a londrover. it was old and untidy but went places these new 4x4s could only dream about.

great to see your still making new memories with your landy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daintreeboy View Post
    I like your take on the young d*ckhead. You reckon 8 kg line is heavy lol!
    I wonder what that makes me. Come out in our boat with 8 kilo line and we'll all be laughing at how light your gear is.

Really highlights the different types of fishing around the country.

haha na i meant 8kg rod and reel capacity but with 40lb mono on the reel good ol massive overkill,
    but yeh i use 12lb line always but i do have some 25lb braid on me big rig haha caught a stonker 80cm barra in the boyne on the 12lb only last week it makes for great fight and helps me master my skills for when i get the big boat and go chasing marlin on cheapy kids kmart rods.
    fishing is not a hobby , its an addiction.
    my missus wants to send me to fishers anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by eyeskeenas View Post
    LOL That is fantastic!!! that looks like a very tidy rig. our landy is long gone. along with my feet burning on the fire wall and that diff wine you only get with a londrover. it was old and untidy but went places these new 4x4s could only dream about.

great to see your still making new memories with your landy.
    It was the same story as yours.
    One day we were pulling the big boat out of the water and the back fell off her.
    Lucky we had a towbar on the front so we just turned the Landy around and backed all the way home.
    This is what we started with with the Landy Series III MkII. It looks crook but the chassis and firewall were like brand new....except for the bullet holes
    Ours hasn't got the diff whine either
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Platitudinus View Post
    The Charter Boat Tourist Fisho:

Fed up with the holiday with the missus and kids so goes off and books up a days charter alone or with a mate from the local caravan park or hotel he's staying at (having met up at a bar away from the missus)
    Loads a 24 pack onto the boat with a cheerful - Hiya mates as he yawns and gets aboard late at 6.05am in the morning
    Tells you how many charters he's been on all round Australia, best fish and 'you should havebeen there mate'!
    Asks the skipper "where are we going, what are we going to catch", and offers the odd joke
    Needs to show he can take the first stubbie while bait fishing ,while others still on coffee or water
    Doesn't watch the crew's demo drop to see how to handle an overhead and then leaves the ratchet on or gets the first birds nest
    Leaves his bait on continually without changing to fresh baits
    Moans about why he's not catching - yet all around him are
    Hits three more beers before 9am
    Usually is seasick by 10am from a headache and finds out 'who else has had enough'
    No pity for these guys - just get em on the boat and as they 'retire' - more space for us!
    Plato

Ha ha, that's gold mate!! How true, how true.

Boy, doesn't that bring back memories. Then they used to expect to share what everybody else caught!!

TOL

The very occasional fisherman

Wants to get out more, but always seems to be busy on the good days and when he has a day off the weather is crap.
    On the rare occasions things fall into place is just happy to get the boat on the water.
    As he motors out to a likely fishing spot tries to remember all the things he read about on ausfish about where to fish.
    Then can't decide whether to anchor or drift, so usually tries both. Then thinks it might be better over there, or over there, or over where all the other boats are. In the end thinks "bugger it" and decides to just drift and relax, happy not to be working or doing chores around the house.
    When the day is over and it is time to go home, looks into the esky at the dismal catch. Tries to remember where the nearest fish shop is, need something to show what a great fisherman he is and to stop the cook from saying what a waste of a day it was while she was stuck home with the kids.
    Just got to remember not to buy a frozen one this time.

Ian

The Keen Dreamer

Been promising to take him out for a while and the day arrives. One look says it all. Clean pressed safari type shirt neatly tucked into clean pressed safari shorts over a considerable belly. A huge tackle box with every conceivable useless gadget ever advertised at x mart. Trusty jarvis walker rod and reel looking like its never been used. Can't jump up into the boat because he's too fat. Has to be picked up from the pier. I give him my best outfit cause his is useless and will take too long to tie up. On second cast he throws my good gear overboard but somehow managed to tangle some of the line on the boat. Spends the rest of the short hot bite retreiving my waterlogged outfit and rigging his own. Finally gets it all sorted and catches a fish at the end of the bite. Reckons he had a great day while I go home and dismantle and clean the reel.

This happened last week...Beware of anyone in those safari fishing shirts..

The 'I'll pay my share fisherman'

You pick him up, he brings 1 round of sangas, and 2 beers.

take him 20mile offshore and back, supply bait and ice, loses 5 baits per one fish landed as a generous average, loses about 20kg of snapper leads to snags and bad knots.

eats half your tim tams, drinks 6 beers (note: he brought 2)

After a day fishing 20 miles home again...cant reverse the car and trailer..., "bloody tired...can you drop me home??"....gives you $20..."that should cover it...thanks for a top day...can I grab a couple of fish??....Its OK I will fillet them when I get home"....

you get home, you fillet the rest, refill 80ltrs of fuel, clean the boat 2 hour later sit down to enjoy a cold beer........"damn...he drank my 4 beers!!!!"

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

"The Smart Fisherman" Don't take the Boofhead Steve B had on your next trip
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Who's talking about old memories.
    That was last week just about and hopefully that will be in a week or so with TOL.

Here's the boat launcher. No...fairdinkum....no bullcrap

Are you coming round?

I'll get a cake. Not just any cake. It'll be a chocolate sponge with lots of cream in the middle. Then I'll arrange for more cream on the top, about an inch high.

Then I'll arrange for strawberries on top as well.

Note my careful use of the word "arrange". Doesn't mean That I'll actually be doing that, but I'll arrange for it to happen.

TOL

you blokes are wasting your time on here.. should be getting paid for these gems..
    Jim

It was the same story as yours.
    One day we were pulling the big boat out of the water and the back fell off her.
    Lucky we had a towbar on the front so we just turned the Landy around and backed all the way home.
    This is what we started with with the Landy Series III MkII. It looks crook but the chassis and firewall were like brand new....except for the bullet holes
    Ours hasn't got the diff whine either
    so what your saying is that quite tidy yellow rig came from this old green rig half sitting on that box trailer. if you are, that is fantastic! you have done a fantastic job on her and no diff whine is great. ours had a 186 holden motor and overdrive. what donk are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    The 'I'll pay my share fisherman'

You pick him up, he brings 1 round of sangas, and 2 beers.

take him 20mile offshore and back, supply bait and ice, loses 5 baits per one fish landed as a generous average, loses about 20kg of snapper leads to snags and bad knots.

eats half your tim tams, drinks 6 beers (note: he brought 2)

After a day fishing 20 miles home again...cant reverse the car and trailer..., "bloody tired...can you drop me home??"....gives you $20..."that should cover it...thanks for a top day...can I grab a couple of fish??....Its OK I will fillet them when I get home"....

you get home, you fillet the rest, refill 80ltrs of fuel, clean the boat 2 hour later sit down to enjoy a cold beer........"damn...he drank my 4 beers!!!!"

Cheers Steve
    I reckon that bloke is pathetic..I doubt you would ever invite him again.

I don't think he is very bright ..now had that been me I would have made sure i would have eaten ALL the tim tams and then sat around waiting for you to clean and fillet my fish. Talk about people doing things by halves.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeskeenas View Post
    so what your saying is that quite tidy yellow rig came from this old green rig half sitting on that box trailer Yep, sure am
    ours had a 186 holden motor and overdrive. what donk are you running?
    186 without overdrive.
    I wish it had an overdrive
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

The Smart Arrrsse Fishermen

Always calls shotgun at the beginning and end of a trip
    Somehow finds the best seat on the boat and picks the best lure from YOUR tacklebox
    Does not lose a line or get a snag all day
    Will be the first, last and only one to catch the biggest fish all the time pulling out smug one-liners as he is asking for you to get the net
    Somehow the prick wont even get sunburnt!
    Seems to wait all day for you to cast in the trees or hit the boat and drops "thats where they're biting" or "thats where you want em" line
    You will finally pull out a joke to carve him up and 2 sec later he drags a 78cm flatty into the boat and questions what you said

The Keen as Mustard Young Punk

These harmless but mildly annoying creatures inhabit jetties and piers across Australia.
    They are the juveniles that are driven to the jetties by the adults of the species looking to inflict their offspring on other unsuspecting souls so as to have a bit of piece and quite. Sometimes they will be sent on their way with a bicycle dressed like a pocupine with a minimum of 8 rods.

On arrival they will get as many lines as possible into the water then proceed to wander around asking everyone the well worn line- 'get anything mate?'
    They are all juiced up on the latest fishing mags and hence will be found simultaneously trying to live bait, dead bait, jigging, chucking hard bodies and soft bodies and the really keen ones will also give SWOFing a go. Needles to say the majority of the time is spent untageling their lines and often others they have entangled.

Once someone else hooks up to something sizable, they are in their element. They start commentating the fight with great enthusiasm and calling the fish for a mack, no its a trevor- see those head shakes, hang on it could be a turrum, maybe a goldie, wait on that is a familiar tail beat- must be a shark, perhaps its a barra that is staying down- and on it goes until a 2m eel is pulled up. He is also the first to grab the community gaff, so enthused to be part of the action.

Should you be lucky enough to hook a good fish, any offer to help land it by this gregareous creature should be discouraged. Should you accept the help it is inevitable the prized fish will be handlined to within a meter of the jetty before the line snaps.

Full of enthusiasm, this beast will pack up at the end of the day having not landed a fish but having a hand in losing several, and will trundle off waving everyone goodbye and wishing them the best of luck and promissing to return the next day for another awesome time if mum will let me.